sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 1, 2015 10:49 pm  #1

Introducing Smokin 94.1, Denver's New Marijuana Radio Station

If you've ever hung around a radio station, you know how nuts it gets when a restaurant does a food drop of in the cafeteria..  Imagine that, at this place .

Brought to you by Dorito's..  (Via WestWord)

In mid-April, a former Colorado Springs-area Fox Sports radio outlet switched its format to K-HIGH, a marijuana-talk station.  Now, a Denver station has followed suit.

What had been KDCO-FM/Mile High Sports Radio is now KBUD-FM, also known as Smokin 94.1.

In March, the station and its sister signal at 1550 AM were reportedly sold to Marc Paskins's Marco Broadcasting for $875,000. And this morning, Smokin FM launched with syndicated host Bubba the Love Sponge. 

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

June 2, 2015 1:27 pm  #2

Re: Introducing Smokin 94.1, Denver's New Marijuana Radio Station

June 13, 2015 11:00 pm  #3

ig wrote:

If you've ever hung around a radio station, you know how nuts it gets when a restaurant does a food drop of in the cafeteria..  Imagine that, at this place .

Brought to you by Dorito's..  (Via WestWord)

In mid-April, a former Colorado Springs-area Fox Sports radio outlet switched its format to K-HIGH, a marijuana-talk station.  Now, a Denver station has followed suit.

What had been KDCO-FM/Mile High Sports Radio is now KBUD-FM, also known as Smokin 94.1.

In March, the station and its sister signal at 1550 AM were reportedly sold to Marc Paskins's Marco Broadcasting for $875,000. And this morning, Smokin FM launched with syndicated host Bubba the Love Sponge. 

This is the kind of station owner I didn't think existed anymore.

La Jolla millionaire's marijuana radio station puts fresh spin on rock and 'roll'

June 15, 2015 10:30 am  #4

i wonder if the first song they played was by brewer and shipley? a version was played on the lawrence welk show. check the ending for lawrence's take on the song. me thinks many were in on the secret/joke.

Last edited by the original hank (June 15, 2015 10:31 am)