sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 19, 2026 8:57 am  #1


Playback Problems at AM740

Late Saturday afternoon I turned on my kitchen radio while doing some dinner prep. The radio was tuned to AM740 and Celebrity Spotlight was on, highlighting Barbra Streisand, not one of my favourites but it was background audio. They went to a break and when it came back,  the host Larry Jackson was talking about Rod Stewart and wrapped up the show.

I thought I had missed something, as I wasn’t paying close attention, but once Rod Stewart’s song was done, the show flipped back to Streisand’s closing! So I wasn’t losing it, yet, however, I am surprised that this type of thing happens in our automated digital playback age. Funnily enough, when I checked their playback listings this morning, this error is there, so it may have been programmed incorrectly. It didn’t ruin my day though, just made me wonder….!

Last edited by Shorty Wave (April 19, 2026 8:59 am)

 

April 20, 2026 8:07 pm  #2


Re: Playback Problems at AM740

Shorty Wave wrote:

Late Saturday afternoon I turned on my kitchen radio while doing some dinner prep. The radio was tuned to AM740 and Celebrity Spotlight was on, highlighting Barbra Streisand, not one of my favourites but it was background audio. They went to a break and when it came back, the host Larry Jackson was talking about Rod Stewart and wrapped up the show.

I thought I had missed something, as I wasn’t paying close attention, but once Rod Stewart’s song was done, the show flipped back to Streisand’s closing! So I wasn’t losing it, yet, however, I am surprised that this type of thing happens in our automated digital playback age. Funnily enough, when I checked their playback listings this morning, this error is there, so it may have been programmed incorrectly. It didn’t ruin my day though, just made me wonder….!

Sounds like it could be a classic case of careless inputting the show segments. Depending on the software they use, that can sometimes be at play although there's a good chance it could have been caught in time.
 

 

April 21, 2026 7:23 am  #3


Re: Playback Problems at AM740

kevjo wrote:

Shorty Wave wrote:

Late Saturday afternoon I turned on my kitchen radio while doing some dinner prep. The radio was tuned to AM740 and Celebrity Spotlight was on, highlighting Barbra Streisand, not one of my favourites but it was background audio. They went to a break and when it came back, the host Larry Jackson was talking about Rod Stewart and wrapped up the show.

I thought I had missed something, as I wasn’t paying close attention, but once Rod Stewart’s song was done, the show flipped back to Streisand’s closing! So I wasn’t losing it, yet, however, I am surprised that this type of thing happens in our automated digital playback age. Funnily enough, when I checked their playback listings this morning, this error is there, so it may have been programmed incorrectly. It didn’t ruin my day though, just made me wonder….!

Sounds like it could be a classic case of careless inputting the show segments. Depending on the software they use, that can sometimes be at play although there's a good chance it could have been caught in time.
 

 
More than likely kevjo! I find it sloppy all the same and that it was allowed to play out.Probably there isn’t an operator on during the weekend, just a hard drive.

     •Thread Starter