sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 13, 2026 8:44 am  #1


AM640's $50,000 "Stolen Vault" Contest Ends. But Why Do This?

AM640's much vaunted (vaulted?) $50,000 stolen vault contest is finally over and they'll be announicng the big winner on Tuesday morning. Despite the fact I think the idea behind it was stupid - someone stole the container, but Corus is  willing to give up the money inside it - it's a nice prize. 

They're scheduled to reveal who gets the dough, but it's the time they're doing it that's making me wonder. Greg Brady has revealed the announcement will be made at - get this - 6:10 AM in the morning. 

Why would they do this? I think we can all agree that 640's ratings aren't all that high, but surely they have more listeners at 8:10 AM than at 6 in the morning. Why would they make such a big promotional pronouncement so early in the show? Wouldn't it make more sense to tease the name for the first two hours and then unveil the newly rich listener? 

I guess I'm missing something, but this just seems like an opportunity lost. 

 

April 13, 2026 6:57 pm  #2


Re: AM640's $50,000 "Stolen Vault" Contest Ends. But Why Do This?

Radio stations tend to like when people listen more than they usually do. Man discovers radio promotions, congrats RA......