sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2017 9:45 pm  #1

New "Old" Subcarrier Channel Returns To Buffalo

For a few years, Grit TV aired on Buffalo's Channel 29.3. But it was replaced earlier this year by Charge! and disappeared for those who watch TV OTA.

But now the station is back, this time on a new Channel 7 subcarrier, having been added at channel 7.4. This gives WKBW the most subcarriers of any commercial station that regularly gets into the GTA. (Yes, I know - the Ion stuff on Channel 51 and the WBBZ group also have more, but they rarely come in here on a daily basis.)

Grit TV mostly shows Westerns, and if you have an antenna and want to see it, you'll need to rescan your TV or DVR. (WKBW is on virtual channel 7, but is really found on channel 38.)

GritTV schedule

Last edited by RadioActive (July 26, 2017 9:46 pm)

July 30, 2017 9:07 pm  #2

Re: New "Old" Subcarrier Channel Returns To Buffalo

WBBZ's signal barely makes it to St. Catharines, never mind the GTA. And 'BBZ has the same amount of diginets as WKBW does(sort of; their .3 subchannel is a full-time feed of MeTV; 'BBZ does knock out quite a bit of programming, but most of it is on the weekends). WNYO, too, has 3 diginets: American Sports Network; it'll soon merge with another provider and be known as Stadium....Comet...and GetTV.

July 31, 2017 3:49 pm  #3

Re: New "Old" Subcarrier Channel Returns To Buffalo

RadioActive wrote:

For a few years, Grit TV aired on Buffalo's Channel 29.3. But it was replaced earlier this year by Charge! and disappeared for those who watch TV OTA.

But now the station is back, this time on a new Channel 7 subcarrier, having been added at channel 7.4. This gives WKBW the most subcarriers of any commercial station that regularly gets into the GTA. (Yes, I know - the Ion stuff on Channel 51 and the WBBZ group also have more, but they rarely come in here on a daily basis.)

Grit TV mostly shows Westerns, and if you have an antenna and want to see it, you'll need to rescan your TV or DVR. (WKBW is on virtual channel 7, but is really found on channel 38.)

GritTV schedule

I just noticed my OTA TV here in Niagara has a strong signal for channel 11.2, though no programming.  11.1 is OTA CHCH with strong signal (also with no programming...kidding, I'm kidding)

Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs... 
~ John McClane