sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 28, 2015 3:09 pm  #1

Hello Iain - Thanks for Bringing SOWNY Back

Just testing to see that this works.  Thanks for all of your effort.

Last edited by Jody Thornton (May 29, 2015 3:29 pm)

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

May 28, 2015 3:13 pm  #2

Re: Hello Iain - Thanks for Bringing SOWNY Back

If I knew you had a spare $1,000 laying around I would have been a lot nicer over the years

geo

Last edited by ig (May 28, 2015 3:31 pm)

May 28, 2015 3:14 pm  #3

Thanks .  I just couldn't let the thing die.

Lots of damage done, but today is the first step in trying to build it back up.  There's still a ton of traffic to this URL, I just need to make it somehwere people want to also contribute, rather than dropping in to watch the latest train wreck.

ig.

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

May 28, 2015 3:32 pm  #4

geo wrote:

If I knew you had a spare $1,000 laying around I would have been a lot nicer over the years
geo

Nope, not me .  I didn't know any of this was happening till I got an e-mail telling me the board was dead.  I'd stopped going anywhere near it a few weeks ago.  I've brought it back up under

http://sowny.net

or 

http://gta.boardhost.com

The sowny.net address is still propogating.

I've setup the members2.boardhost.com/scrapbook/ url to automatically bounce over to this one.

And I didn't edit your message..  I thought I'd replied to it, but I was changing it..  so I fixed it back .

--

Last edited by ig (May 28, 2015 3:41 pm)

May 28, 2015 3:47 pm  #5

Ian!, Thanks for bring the board back, and hopefully keep it better controlled, as it was just getting out of hand.  I would avoid the board near the end and hated reading it as it would just make me angry most times.  Hope that this re-birth brings things back to what it was known for before.  A few bad eggs will end it for everyone.

May 28, 2015 7:23 pm  #6

Good luck Iain!

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

May 29, 2015 10:09 am  #7

Thanks for doing this Iain!

I am Here, just not all there.

May 29, 2015 10:53 am  #8

Looking good, ig. 

May 29, 2015 1:16 pm  #9

Thanks, Iain, and good luck.

I hope this will also prompt some of the old posters who have walked away to come back.

May 29, 2015 1:43 pm  #10

strange at it seems, a few of us were posting on this boardhost site (a few months ago) to get away from the drama. we noticed the domain redirect was removed and replaced with the old version of sowny (minus the old comments). Ii was the first to post and others responded. a few more people joined in until it was noticed by our former moderator and the comments were then replaced with a link to the new sowny board (which is understandable, since he technically was the moderator for both boards). .fingers crossed for this version. thanks for jumping in iain!

May 29, 2015 2:19 pm  #11

"Shake Rattle & Roll" Sunday mornings on 560 CFOS is the 'last man standing' for AM radio.
Fortunately, the internet gives us a lot of choice.
I highly recommend "Oldies Project" and "Oldies Alternative".

May 29, 2015 2:31 pm  #12

Peter the K wrote:

Thanks, Iain, and good luck. I hope this will also prompt some of the old posters who have walked away to come back.

I hope so also.  I know some of the former great contributors have re-registered which is a good sign.   I'm pretty confident if we can keep the place respectable and somewhere people would want to be associated with, we can regain the former folks.

Thank you btw.

ig.

May 29, 2015 2:35 pm  #13

Thanks for doing this Ian. SOWNY was my "Go To" spot on the Net for all the great Radio and TV information over the last 17 years. 
Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Randy