sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 10, 2023 8:06 pm  #1

Shame on CNN

Shame. 

May 10, 2023 8:18 pm  #2

Re: Shame on CNN

I was once mocked on this very forum when I noted that I cut CNN off after Gulf War One. 

May 10, 2023 9:15 pm  #3

Disgusting. CNN deserves to be at the bottom of the ratings. It's certainly scraping the bottom right now.

May 10, 2023 9:35 pm  #4

May 11, 2023 7:12 am  #5

Well Trump is the leading GOP presidential candidate.  The best way to confirm that Trump is a deplorable, incompetent ass is to see him directly.  The MAGA disciples are fully entrenched lost causes but seeing Trump directly will reinforce to independents just how despicable he is. 

May 11, 2023 8:34 am  #6

CNN I believe did the US a big service last night.  Here was a man who has not learned anything or changed.  He still thought he won the election, he still feels that the US legal system is corrupt, he defended the actions and results on Jan 6th, and he continues to relive past grievances and slights. 

Trump is a man of the past, who is only concerned about himself, settling scores and getting even with his enemies.  CNN's broadcast brought this out loud and clear last night. 

May 11, 2023 9:18 am  #7

paterson1 wrote:

CNN I believe did the US a big service last night.  Here was a man who has not learned anything or changed.  He still thought he won the election, he still feels that the US legal system is corrupt, he defended the actions and results on Jan 6th, and he continues to relive past grievances and slights. 

Trump is a man of the past, who is only concerned about himself, settling scores and getting even with his enemies.  CNN's broadcast brought this out loud and clear last night. 

Agreed.  Let's hope that is the message that gets through all the noise.

May 11, 2023 9:41 am  #8

They should have had George Santos on as a special guest liar. Although I'm sure the host would have had a nervous breakdown trying to keep track of all the BS

The theme song they should have used for the night:

May 11, 2023 11:14 am  #9

CNN Boss Doubles Down on Trump Town Hall 

“You do not have to like the former president’s answers, but you can’t say that we didn’t get them," according to new CNN head honcho Chris Licht. 

But it's clear not everyone feels that way - including many of the news network's own staffers.

May 11, 2023 2:48 pm  #10

Sure, just because a witch-hunt jury found that Dear Leader is a sexual assaulter and defamer, I suppose that he's not allowed to do any of his stuff anymore. What does he have to do to get some respect? He's a star! He should be able to grab any woman that he wants, by each and every body part that he wants. Damn commies!

More goings on in the tRump White House...

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/other/exclusive-trump-s-interest-in-younger-staffer-raised-white-house-concerns-ex-adviser/ar-AA1b3RVu?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=6bb05b0f26854b4ea761533aca91db60&ei=9

May 11, 2023 5:10 pm  #11

For better or worse (and it can be argued the latter is more correct), they got what they wanted.

CNN tops 3 million viewers during Trump Town Hall

May 11, 2023 5:56 pm  #12

To me the cnn show was like he trial of captain queeg in The Caine mutiny
They let Trump finger his worry beads as he went on and on abut the strawberries and who stole them etc.
That's exactly what cnn wanted.

May 12, 2023 10:01 am  #13

The backlash against CNN continues to grow for allowing a proven liar and convicted sex assaulter on its network to spew his untruthful venom. And some wonder whether the new guy in charge of the network is going to be made to walk the plank over the decision, despite his boasting about the ratings. 

Even CNN staffers are upset by what took place earlier this week. 

CNN Aftershocks: The Fallout for CEO Chris Licht After Trump Town Hall 

Meanwhile, CNN anchor Anderson Cooper is getting raked over the coals for making excuses for the Town Hall.

Anderson Cooper Blasted for ‘Gaslighting’ Viewers in Defense of CNN Trump Town Hall

May 12, 2023 10:41 am  #14

E. Jean Carroll May Sue Trump a Third Time
After ‘Vile’ Comments on CNN

Thanks to CNN, we may get to see the Idiot-in-Chief pay even more money to E. Jean Carroll. 

https://archive.ph/e5ySB#selection-331.0-331.71

May 12, 2023 11:19 am  #15

The sad truth is that she will probably never see a dime from the deadbeat, despite the judgment. He will appeal and delay and appeal and delay until she's 90 years old or dead.

It reminds me of Charles Dickens' "Bleak House" in which two sides battle in a case called "Jarndyce & Jarndyce." The court proceedings drag on in court for so long, that no one is left alive who even remembers what they're fighting over, yet neither side is willing to give in and it continues on and on for generations. At one point, the money that started it all is completely used up in court costs and legal fees, but still the case keeps being litigated. 

That's what Trump does with his lawyers. I'd say he read the book, but Trump doesn't read.  

May 12, 2023 1:13 pm  #16

He has a colouring book, but just one orange crayon.

May 12, 2023 1:38 pm  #17

He's a 40 watt bulb in a 100 watt world.

May 12, 2023 1:41 pm  #18

newsguy1 wrote:

He has a colouring book, but just one orange crayon.

He's gonna love the orange prison jumpsuit when he gets there.

Given everything he continues to say and do, much of which provides even further evidence of his many crimes, one could be forgiven for wondering if he simply wants to be incarcerated. Maybe it's his (almost sane) subconscious screaming, "Lock me up for god's sake".

Who will be next? Jack Smith and the DOJ or Georgia prosecutor Fani Willis? And how many additional lawyers are going to be stiffed by tRump before he heads to the big house?

As for CNN's stupidity in permitting this evil person to spew his bullshit once again, I judge it a success (in their own eyes) as part of the new ownership's goal of attracting right-wing eyeballs from Murdoch's Fake News channel. The GQP is welcome to CNN.

What a pathetic mess...money and power over democracy.

May 12, 2023 3:27 pm  #19

betaylored wrote:

nice!

I would further add that he is 40 watt bulb, for a 100 watt party... while the rest of the world has shifted to LED technology.

May 12, 2023 5:54 pm  #20

Glen Warren wrote:

betaylored wrote:

nice!

I would further add that he is 40 watt bulb, for a 100 watt party... while the rest of the world has shifted to LED technology.

excellent observation Glen Warren!
just popped back to share this piece from the lexical Susie Dent on Trump and trumpery, Susie's always fun and smart too.
have a good weekend everyone 😁
#GoLeafs!

https://inews.co.uk/opinion/struggling-find-word-describe-donald-trump-historical-dictionary-help-2333709

May 12, 2023 5:59 pm  #21

May 15, 2023 6:47 am  #23

Some people have more dollars than sense.

June 8, 2023 5:11 pm  #25

Hoo boy! Now the guy who owns ultra-conservative WABC-AM wants to buy CNN. What could go wrong?

Billionaire Trump supporter offers to buy embattled CNN

June 8, 2023 5:15 pm  #26

RadioActive wrote:

Hoo boy! Now the guy who owns ultra-conservative WABC-AM wants to buy CNN. What could go wrong?

Bring it on! If he thinks he can save CNN by going hard-right, I've got a bridge in the Florida Everglades he should buy.