sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 16, 2023 10:23 pm  #1

For Fox Sake! U.S. News Network Shows Its Other Side

I try not to get political here, but this is so egregious, I'm making an exception. I will simply let this article speak for itself. But if it's true - and since everything you're about to read was submitted in court, I have no reason to believe it's not - this is simply stunning in how hypocritical this is and how the on-air personalities at Fox News have been hoist on their own petard.

The sad part, though, is that the network remains the #1 all-news channel in the U.S. by a wide margin. And I doubt even these revelations will change that. 

Off the air, Fox News stars blasted the election fraud claims they peddled

February 17, 2023 1:15 am  #2

Re: For Fox Sake! U.S. News Network Shows Its Other Side

RadioActive wrote:

I try not to get political here

That statement rings nearly as hollow as CNN's Breaking News graphic at this point. 

February 17, 2023 10:13 am  #3

At what point will Fox viewers accept that they are viewed as simpletons, even by Fox itself.

Last edited by g121 (February 17, 2023 10:54 am)

February 17, 2023 11:16 am  #4

That $1.6 billion defamation suit brought by Dominion Voting is gonna hurt.....

February 17, 2023 11:19 am  #5

Bill Dulmage wrote:

Fox, CNN, MSNBC....they are all told (ordered) what line they are to follow. That's the way it is. Same with ABC, CBS, NBC. Doesn't matter what the personalities think in real life. You wanna get paid the big bucks, do as you're told.

Thanks Bill 

It really is just that simple & here's a perfect example

CNN's Don Lemon said on the morning show this week that 51 year old presidential candidate Nikki Haley is "past her prime" simply because she is 51

But I never heard Mr. Lemon say Hilary Clinton was past her prime when she ran for president in 2016 & Ms  Clinton was 68. Isn't that kind of weird?

​Like a previous poster just reminded us in this thread it's Lights - Camera - B.S.

BTW is Don Lemon still employed?

February 17, 2023 11:29 am  #6

What's perhaps really telling is that when a broadcaster launched a national show last year promising a completely unbiased newscast, almost nobody watched. That's a pretty sad commentary on where we are.

I suppose it could be argued that viewers deserve what they get. But what if what they want isn't "just the facts?" I find that downright scary.

February 17, 2023 11:32 am  #7

With any luck, litigation such as the Dominion suit will blow a nice-sized hole in their business model.

February 17, 2023 12:06 pm  #8

unclefester wrote:

Well, yes, but...

Don Lemon Absent From ‘CNN This Morning’ After ‘Unacceptable’ Comments

February 17, 2023 12:26 pm  #9

I think there is some truth to what Don Lemon said. Obviously, Bell considered Lisa LaFlamme to be "Past Her Prime" Grey hair on women in the media? Can't have that. Grey hair on men in the media? Very distinguished looking.

February 17, 2023 12:34 pm  #10

Or could this possibly staged controversy have something to do with this...https://www.thewrap.com/cnn-this-morning-ratings-morning-show-iterations/

February 17, 2023 1:51 pm  #11

unclefester wrote:

Bill Dulmage wrote:

Fox, CNN, MSNBC....they are all told (ordered) what line they are to follow. That's the way it is. Same with ABC, CBS, NBC. Doesn't matter what the personalities think in real life. You wanna get paid the big bucks, do as you're told.

Thanks Bill 

It really is just that simple & here's a perfect example

CNN's Don Lemon said on the morning show this week that 51 year old presidential candidate Nikki Haley is "past her prime" simply because she is 51

But I never heard Mr. Lemon say Hilary Clinton was past her prime when she ran for president in 2016 & Ms  Clinton was 68. Isn't that kind of weird?

​Like a previous poster just reminded us in this thread it's Lights - Camera - B.S.

Surely you're not equating a 1-off opinion comment by one person with a multi-year long network wide campaign of blatant lies?

February 17, 2023 4:20 pm  #12

g121 wrote:

unclefester wrote:

Surely you're not equating a 1-off opinion comment by one person with a multi-year long network wide campaign of blatant lies?

Well I think your buddy Don Lemon has a bit of a history or are you unaware?

His female cohosts don't appear to be as to fond of him as you

Is Don Lemon running out of chances?

Valid question 

February 17, 2023 6:41 pm  #13

unclefester wrote:

g121 wrote:

unclefester wrote:

Valid question 

That's a pretty feeble, simplistic attempt to change the subject.

This thread is about the multi-year campaign by a network to abandon all integrity by continually spreading  known lies regardless of the harm it causes;  this thread is not about an opinion from a single commentator.

Please address the topic at hand or go create your own thread/topic

February 18, 2023 7:47 am  #14

g121 wrote:

unclefester wrote:

g121 wrote:

Valid question 

That's a pretty feeble, simplistic attempt to change the subject.

This thread is about the multi-year campaign by a network to abandon all integrity by continually spreading  known lies regardless of the harm it causes;  this thread is not about an opinion from a single commentator.

Please address the topic at hand or go create your own thread/topic

Instead of running around trying to appear to be the smartest guy in the room how about you pay attention

It was highly respected member Bill Dulmage who introduced numerous other networks to the thread. He's post number 2 right after RA's opening post.

So I suggest that you get back on your horse - reread the thread and try to get back up to speed

In the mean time perhaps you could use a good number 2 yourself

February 19, 2023 9:32 am  #15

For what it's worth, and it's not much, to me, it comes down to this: truth has become malleable. Facts don't matter. The emergence of the 24 hour news cycle and its incessant need for content, combined with the concentration of media ownership, the dumbing down of news as infotainment and the seeming obsession with the cult of personality has reduced debate on anything to a tribal, binary loop: "You're wrong, and not only that, you're dangerous and not one of us". Anyone who dares deviate from the script is easily replaced. The film Network brilliantly illustrated this almost 50 years ago. But you know what they say about history. . .

February 19, 2023 11:05 am  #16

Check out "The Brainwashing of My Dad
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3771626/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1  

Jen Senko, a documentary filmmaker, looks at the rise of right-wing media through the lens of her WWII vet father who changed from a life-long, nonpolitical Democrat to an angry, right-wing fanatic after his discovery of talk radio on a lengthened commute to work. In trying to understand how this happened, she not only finds this to be a phenomenon, but also uncovers some of the forces behind it: a plan by Roger Ailes under Nixon to create a media for the GOP; the Lewis Powell Memo, urging business leaders to influence institutions of public opinion - especially the universities - the media and the courts; and under Reagan, the dismantling of the Fairness Doctrine - all of which helped to change the entire country's direction and culture, misinformed millions, divided families and even the country itself.

Full Movie ->  https://watchdocumentaries.com/the-brainwashing-of-my-dad/

February 19, 2023 11:16 am  #17

g121 wrote:

Check out "The Brainwashing of My Dad

Not interested in the least

Are you serious? How feeble

Is this the best you can come up with?

So simplistic

Game Set and Match

February 19, 2023 11:59 am  #18

Bill Dulmage wrote:

unclefester:
"It was highly respected member Bill Dulmage..."
Thank you for that. Highly respected? I didn't think anyone actually knew who I was. LOL.
I've certainly never been called that before.

You're most welcome Bill

And it's true

I always look forward to reading what you write 

We've got at least one member on this very thread who couldn't carry your jock strap

February 19, 2023 12:03 pm  #19

Enough already with the personal attacks. I'm thinking you can express your strong opinions without those. Although Bill Dulmage will always be held in high regard by yours truly, whether I agree with his opinions or not!

February 19, 2023 1:13 pm  #20

Maybo wrote:

Bill Dulmage wrote:

unclefester:
"It was highly respected member Bill Dulmage..."
Thank you for that. Highly respected? I didn't think anyone actually knew who I was. LOL.
I've certainly never been called that before.

We certainly do know who you are, Bill. And if anyone who is a fan of radio doesn’t, he/she should take the time to learn. “Highly respected” is indeed an appropriate moniker.

Right on Chris

Thanks

February 21, 2023 11:21 pm  #21

At the risk of reigniting the debate the difference between the three from my viewing on them is that MSNBC gives you a mostly factual view of the news itself but then adds a lot of far left wing opinion to it, especially in prime time.

CNN gives you a mostly factual view of the news itself but then adds a lot of centre left and occasional far left opinion to it.

Fox News in daytime gives you a mostly factual view of the news while downplaying some of the antics of right wing politicians.  In prime time it's far right wing opinion presented as fact and then even further right wing opinion added to those "facts" for good measure.  Tucker Carlson says things that just aren't true most of the time.  He said in Canada we are ruled by an "authoritarian government" and need to be liberated.  Say what you will about the current government but we can vote it out in the next election.  That's not authoritarianism.  You would never see something like that presented as fact on MSNBC or CNN in a million years.

Last edited by Tomas Barlow (February 21, 2023 11:40 pm)