sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 31, 2022 2:00 pm  #1

Have a Great New Year !

All the best to everyone and have a safe and happy 2023 New Year.  Thanks and respect to RA for running all of this and all of his hard work every day.  And of course thanks to all of the interesting "cast of characters" that we have for contributors, that help to keep SOWNY the best and most engaging radio/tv site anywhere. 

Happy New Year!   

December 31, 2022 2:59 pm  #2

Re: Have a Great New Year !

Happy New Year to all.

We're leaving in 3 days to spend the winter in Florida. But I'll still be checking in here every day to keep up with what's happening back home.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

December 31, 2022 6:18 pm  #3

I'm new here. Just dropped in to see what condition your condition was in.

Happy New Year everybody! 

December 31, 2022 10:23 pm  #4

paterson1 wrote:

All the best to everyone and have a safe and happy 2023 New Year.  Thanks and respect to RA for running all of this and all of his hard work every day.  And of course thanks to all of the interesting "cast of characters" that we have for contributors, that help to keep SOWNY the best and most engaging radio/tv site anywhere. 

Happy New Year!   

Thanks to paterson1, my favourite sparring partner - an example of true Canadian content! And I second that emotion. Happy New Year to all the SOWNY members and those who are just lurkers. You all make the site what it is. (Which I suppose also means that if you hate it here, that means you're to blame!) Have a great 2023. 

December 31, 2022 10:52 pm  #5

I'm celebrating my usual Geek's New Years Eve. 

Fire up one of the radios and listen to New Years greetings from around the world. The list of heard froms gets shorter every year.

So far tonight, I've only heard from the US, China, Romania and Cuba.But there are still two hours to go.

I'll end the evening by ringing in the New Year with the sweet sounds of WWV.

Last edited by turkeytop (December 31, 2022 10:58 pm)

January 1, 2023 9:59 am  #6

turkeytop wrote:

I'm celebrating my usual Geek's New Years Eve. 

Fire up one of the radios and listen to New Years greetings from around the world. The list of heard froms gets shorter every year.

So far tonight, I've only heard from the US, China, Romania and Cuba.But there are still two hours to go.

I'll end the evening by ringing in the New Year with the sweet sounds of WWV.

Excellent choice of cheese. Very interesting pen/pencil holder. I haven't seen Carlsberg beer in years. I didn't know it was still available.

January 1, 2023 12:25 pm  #7

mace wrote:

Excellent choice of cheese. Very interesting pen/pencil holder. I haven't seen Carlsberg beer in years. I didn't know it was still available.

Just to go off topic briefy, I read in the news just a couple of weeks ago that Carlsberg has made a deal to purchase Waterloo Brewing Company, here in Ontario. The plan is to brew all their product for the Canadian market in the Kitchener facility.

That will be the end of my Carlsberg years. I only drink Union made beer. Those guys aren't Union.

January 1, 2023 2:05 pm  #8

Almost all Canadian produced beer is corporate swill anyway, so
you won't be missing much.

Something we discovered over the Christmas period: Forty Creek Double Barrel whisky. This stuff is sinfully good, and this from a lifelong CR drinker!

January 1, 2023 2:25 pm  #9

YMCA wrote:

Something we discovered over the Christmas period: Forty Creek Double Barrel whisky. This stuff is sinfully good, and this from a lifelong CR drinker!

You're right about that. Our son gave me a bottle for Fathers Day.

My regular, every day whisky is CC.

January 1, 2023 2:29 pm  #10

And then there's the booze any CFL supporter would love. But I guess only one team's fans can it take home every year...