sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 5, 2022 6:14 pm  #1

Bad Bunny Most Streamed Artist In The World

Bad Bunny was the most streamed artist in the world last year according to Spotify.  Two Canadian performers also made the top 5.  Details from the Toronto Star and The Los Angeles Times..https://www.thestar.com/entertainment/music/2022/11/30/bad-bunny-pulls-off-a-spotify-hat-trick-as-the-most-streamed-artist-in-the-world.html

Last edited by paterson1 (December 5, 2022 6:17 pm)

December 6, 2022 7:57 am  #2

Re: Bad Bunny Most Streamed Artist In The World

On Spotify this might earn him enough money to purchase a toaster oven.

December 6, 2022 8:17 am  #3

kosmo wrote:

Nope. A bit better than that. 
"especially Bad Bunny, the most-streamed artist in the world for three years in a row." 

3 years in a row, so there's bread to put in that toaster also...

Last edited by Radiowiz (December 6, 2022 8:17 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

December 6, 2022 8:38 am  #4

Bad Bunny. Cool/idiotic name. Still not as good as Spandau Ballet or Steely Dan or Joy Division.

Had to see what he sounds like.
It's enough to make you miss the pre anti-Semitic Kanye.
https://youtu.be/f5aDUB1NCnk

Last edited by betaylored (December 6, 2022 8:53 am)

December 6, 2022 12:05 pm  #5

I'm more partial to Bugs Bunny singing opera. 

PJ

ClassicHitsOnline.com...The place where all the cool tunes hang out!

December 6, 2022 12:37 pm  #6

Paul Jeffries wrote:

I'm more partial to Bugs Bunny singing opera. 
PJ

Like you, we take requests.

December 6, 2022 7:19 pm  #7

Bad who?

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

December 6, 2022 8:24 pm  #8

turkeytop wrote:

Bad who?

Bunny, apparently.  Not that I've ever heard of it.

December 7, 2022 11:38 am  #9

Looking forward to seeing the teens/early 20's crowd reaching their late 40's and complaining about the current trends in popular music. Trust me. It will happen.

December 7, 2022 2:01 pm  #10

kosmo wrote:

He has 14.8 billion streams,. As such, he has made approximately $36.2 million from Spotify.

Just the facts. 

December 7, 2022 5:55 pm  #11

mace wrote:

Looking forward to seeing the teens/early 20's crowd reaching their late 40's and complaining about the current trends in popular music. Trust me. It will happen.

We all grow up and mature. Our tastes change. I grew up in the 60s and thought that was the greatest music ever.

My wife and I spend our winters in a senior's community in Florida. Whenever there is some kind of social gathering they always play 60s music. They must think our generation is frozen in that decade. I got my belly full of it back then. Like most others, I have moved on. Some of us now prefer classical music, jazz or even cowboy music.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.

December 7, 2022 9:25 pm  #12

mace wrote:

Actually, I found myself complaining about the current state of music around the time I was 23, as the likes of Vanilla Ice and 2 Live Crew were dominating the charts at the time. Then a few years later, grunge took hold, and that pretty much soured me on a lot of new music. I gave it try, thinking "Okay, music changes and evolves, you gotta evolve with it." By 1994, I wasn't feeling it. I actually found myself listening to a lot of new country around that time.

PJ

ClassicHitsOnline.com...The place where all the cool tunes hang out!

December 7, 2022 9:39 pm  #13

Paul Jeffries wrote:

mace wrote:

Actually, I found myself complaining about the current state of music around the time I was 23, as the likes of Vanilla Ice and 2 Live Crew were dominating the charts at the time. Then a few years later, grunge took hold, and that pretty much soured me on a lot of new music. I gave it try, thinking "Okay, music changes and evolves, you gotta evolve with it." By 1994, I wasn't feeling it. I actually found myself listening to a lot of new country around that time
PJ

@PaulJefferies i relate completely. i was a hair metal guy to the extreme.... except when rock collapsed i got into blues in a big way.  there were a lot of texas blues artists that captured a rock feel, like david gogo, johnny lang, kenny wayne sheppard etc.  also some cancon stepped up like the first releases by our lady peace and i mother earth, later the headstones.