sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2022 8:29 pm  #1

City TV/Rogers Announce Fall Schedule

There aren't that many real surprises and there's one new Canadian show - which sounds a bit derivative. But a late-night talk show is coming back to City's after-news line-up. And yup, the Mom reruns are back, too!

Kimmel, Quantum Leap & franchise frenzy this fall on Rogers/Citytv

June 8, 2022 7:39 am  #2

Re: City TV/Rogers Announce Fall Schedule

Not too much to get excited about here. “And yup, the Mom reruns are back, too”, pretty sad on Citytv’s behalf.

June 8, 2022 11:41 am  #3

So I'm guessing the 1 hour CityNews at 11 is being cut to 30 mins because of Jimmy Kimmel?

June 8, 2022 11:44 am  #4

Interesting that the 11 PM hour on that chart has been left blank! But I assume the half hour thing is correct.

June 8, 2022 12:52 pm  #5

With a lineup like that, I think it's a matter of time Rogers will sell CityTV for scraps.  I might PVR Kimmel with my OTA & Plex Server and that's about it.

June 8, 2022 12:59 pm  #6

lackluster...

June 8, 2022 2:53 pm  #7

I realized the other night when looking at my guide that CityTV shows Christmas movies in the overnight hours. All year round. Daily. How long has this been going on for? 

June 9, 2022 12:44 am  #8

Glen Warren wrote:

lackluster...

Law and Order and the Chicago shows are near the top of the ratings and Hockey Night is a ratings winner.  That's not bad.

Last edited by Tomas Barlow (June 9, 2022 12:45 am)

June 9, 2022 7:13 am  #9

With the exception of Mom reruns on Tuesday nights, it appears CITY's entire weeknight lineup is simsubbed. I can and will continue to watch any of their shows on the originating U.S. network. At first glance, that would be Chicago Wednesday only.

June 9, 2022 7:15 am  #10

At second glance, I would also include Law & Order Thursday.

June 9, 2022 7:55 am  #11

chrishch wrote:

With a lineup like that, I think it's a matter of time Rogers will sell CityTV for scraps.  I might PVR Kimmel with my OTA & Plex Server and that's about it.

The City/Omni building is rumoured to be going up for sale soon, yes, but I am not aware of what will happen with City TV itself, or Omni for that matter. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 9, 2022 8:19 am  #12

Tomas Barlow wrote:

Glen Warren wrote:

lackluster...

Law and Order and the Chicago shows are near the top of the ratings and Hockey Night is a ratings winner.  That's not bad.

True Tomas, although HNIC ratings have been diminishing of late. Round 1 of this year’s playoffs only just made the Numeris top 30 with an AMA of 787,000 viewers, less than one million, not great. City was smart to pick up the Law & Order and Chicago franchises, they actually get the eyeballs.