sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 26, 2022 9:58 am  #1

A Daytime Talk Staple Ends Its 19-Yr. Run On Thursday

I was never a fan of "Ellen," the talk show hosted by comedian Ellen DeGeneres, but somebody certainly was. It ran for an incredible 19 years in syndication and the final original episode airs Thursday afternoon. That completes a cycle of more than 3,200 shows. 

Even if, like me, you weren't a viewer, in these times of an upside down and constantly changing TV industry, that's a pretty remarkable run. It airs at 3 PM on CTV and WGRZ if you're curious to see it go.

Ellen DeGeneres Last Talk Show Episode Airs Thursday 

May 26, 2022 3:09 pm  #2

Re: A Daytime Talk Staple Ends Its 19-Yr. Run On Thursday

RadioActive wrote:

I was never a fan of "Ellen," the talk show hosted by comedian Ellen DeGeneres, but somebody certainly was. It ran for an incredible 19 years in syndication and the final original episode airs Thursday afternoon. That completes a cycle of more than 3,200 shows. 

Even if, like me, you weren't a viewer, in these times of an upside down and constantly changing TV industry, that's a pretty remarkable run. It airs at 3 PM on CTV and WGRZ if you're curious to see it go.

Ellen DeGeneres Last Talk Show Episode Airs Thursday 

Thanks for the heads up RA. Here's a look at why Ellen had to take a bow. How much of it is true, we'll probably never know.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-reviews/ellen-degeneres-final-show-critics-notebook-1235153764/

May 27, 2022 8:24 am  #3

3200 episodes? I don't think I have ever seen one.

May 27, 2022 11:40 am  #4

It has been a massive success and many stations used it as the lead in to the local news at 4 or 5.

After the allegations of the toxic work environment surfaced NBC owned stations group seriously considered moving Kelly Clarkson to the lead in spot as Ellen’s ratings dropped off by as much as 35 percent in some markets.

Last edited by Tomas Barlow (May 27, 2022 11:41 am)