sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 8, 2022 3:26 pm  #1

The Streets Of Ontario

Some of you will remember The Streets Of Ontario in the eighties at the Original CFNY FM. That show was hosted by Liz Janik and Peter Goodwin. Liz and Peter fell in love and married. And they had so many wonderful years together. 

I am so very sorry to tell you that Peter put on his wings this morning, after a short battle with cancer. The family of CFNY grieve together today. We lost a great radio friend.

Godspeed Peter...

Last edited by Marsden (April 8, 2022 3:28 pm)

April 8, 2022 3:35 pm  #2

Re: The Streets Of Ontario

So many of us are getting to that age where the people we grew up listening to on the radio are signing off forever. As Chicago noted in their song "Beginnings,"

"Time passes much too quickly..."

Our condolences to you and your CFNY family, Mr. Marsden.

April 8, 2022 7:28 pm  #3

Condolences to Liz and the family

April 9, 2022 1:39 pm  #4

Very sad news indeed.

A lot of folks might not know that Peter and Liz were both mainstays at CKMS at the university of Waterloo at that time as well.  He often went on the air as "The Mad Frog".

We only met at the station a couple of times but I recall him giving me some advice on furthering my radio career when I was looking at colleges.  If I recall correctly, he was a Humber student in the radio program under Stan Larke.

His import show on CKMS turned me on to lots of new music that would stay with me forever.

Condolences to Liz and the family.