sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 18, 2022 8:44 am  #1

Why Don't Radio Stations Give This Away In Their Contests?

I have to admit I'd never thought about this before, but one radio pundit is wondering why stations don't give away the one prize that would benefit both listeners and their own survival - an actual radio. 

Edison Research's Larry Rosin notes that an increasing number of people admit they don't have an actual radio in their home, although some do have smart speakers. But they can be used for many purposes and listening to a local station may not be one of them. A radio, on the other hand, can only serve one purpose and it could help boost tune-in at a place where listeners are becoming increasingly harder to reach.  

"We all know listeners love to win prizes from radio stations. If they are as loyal to your station as you all say they are, they surely would love a radio with your morning show logo plastered all over it to put on their kitchen counter. Wouldn’t they?"

Radio’s Hardware Problem Grows

March 18, 2022 8:56 pm  #2

Re: Why Don't Radio Stations Give This Away In Their Contests?

Oh golly. This is the most ridiculous consultant piece I’ve read in years. It’s not about the appliance ffs.  

March 19, 2022 7:49 am  #3

We are in a time, day and age where giving away free gas (up to 30 Litres) with proof that you're actually listening to that specific radio station might be more effective... 
(easy questions also, like "Name a song we played in the last hour")

Free gas Fridays used to be a thing. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

March 19, 2022 10:22 pm  #4

The prize is something that a listener needs or wants.  They obviously have a radio.