sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 22, 2022 10:03 am  #1

Maureen Holloway Turns Up On CFRB

Last October 21st, Maureen Holloway finished her last show on Rogers' CHFI, after five years as the morning host. She hasn't been that visible since.

Until Tuesday, when she suddenly turned up as a panelist on Bell's CFRB as a Free-For-All Roundtable panelist. 

Interesting that the competition would pick her up and I wonder if we'll be hearing more of her on the station in the coming weeks or months - or even if she might end up with her own show or podcast. (It's not her first go round with a Bell station - she spent 17 years with Standard Broadcasting, the former owner of 1010.)

Nice for her to get another chance for exposure in Toronto radio. 

February 22, 2022 10:26 am  #2

Re: Maureen Holloway Turns Up On CFRB

I would absolutely LOVE IT if Mo had her own show on CFRB. Afternoons preferably, or a pair up with Jim Richards. 

February 22, 2022 10:44 am  #3

Maybe this could serve as her audition for a talk show. I thought she acquitted herself quite well on the segment.

February 22, 2022 11:21 am  #4

Hopefully not paired with Richards but as a replacement

February 22, 2022 1:17 pm  #5

rawkgurl wrote:

I would absolutely LOVE IT if Mo had her own show on CFRB. Afternoons preferably, or a pair up with Jim Richards

That's an interesting observation as I notice Jim (or previously Jay in that slot) has had a rotating set of guest co-hosts here and there, and frequently female - Deb Hutton, Reshmi Nair, Amanda Galbraith and Tamara Cherry come to mind. Perhaps they're trying out Mo on the Roundtable before putting her in with Jim whether temporarily or as a more permanent fixture. I don't think there's been a woman in 1010 afternoons as a steady full-time'r since the Carol Mott days?

February 23, 2022 9:02 pm  #6

I listened to Paul and Carol Mott a lot when they were both in Niagara, and Toronto. It does not take much to impress me, but I thought it was cool that they could broadcast from their farm, way back in the day. Beside Bob McCowan broadcasting from Vegas, I never noticed anyone else.

never worked ever, in radio

February 23, 2022 10:24 pm  #7

CFRB actually seems much more male in terms of on-air talent than it was in its heyday - Betty Kennedy, Valerie Pringle, and Jane Hawtin are three women who used to have their own shows (though not at the same time). Any idea why RB has leaned in so heavily as older white male in recent years? Certainly hasn't helped their ratings.