sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 23, 2022 2:03 pm  #1

Public exposes Bell Let's Talk Day as hollow hype

https://twitter.com/Bell_LetsTalk/status/1478352083493527558?t=uxa2IXqNlKa2BC0jXesJdg&s=19

The word on the street isn't good news for Bell Media.

This thread on Twitter shows the public calling out Bell for their hypocritical mental health campaign and includes a report from the CBC on the "health" of Bell employees.

#BellLetsTalkIsPRsquawk could be a good hashtag to use next to the official Bell #

or we can tweet out links to real mental health services, and use our voices to share useful information the way RadioActive did a few posts ago.

You do you, as the kids say these days.✌️

January 23, 2022 9:04 pm  #2

Re: Public exposes Bell Let's Talk Day as hollow hype

January 24, 2022 2:28 pm  #3

Indeed, Let's Talk! About exorbitant fees, massive profits and executive pay, poor customer service, spotty cell service, some communities completely lacking service, an array of concerns about 5G. And more. Lots to talk about!

January 24, 2022 4:38 pm  #4

Does someone have a full list of employees who got laid off last February 9th?

January 24, 2022 5:39 pm  #5

Here's one of the articles. I think some of the people from NewsTalk 1010 have been re-hired by CTV, as NewsTalk 1010 no longer has a real newsroom.

January 24, 2022 6:07 pm  #6

Perhaps all the "talk" on Let's Talk Day could be preceded by, "If Bell really cared about mental health ..."

January 25, 2022 11:14 pm  #7

https://twitter.com/WriterWong/status/1486130586649518089?t=KT7SgfuiBwWrjBhfS9NBxg&s=19

To use a Mike Stafford expression, tomorrow might be a real shite show carried out in full view of the whole country for le Bell damned sans mercy, pardon the dreadful pun and French.

Last edited by betaylored (January 25, 2022 11:17 pm)

January 26, 2022 12:10 pm  #8

I laughed out loud listening to Jerry Agar talking to a medical expert on Bell Let's Talk Day. He (dangerously in my mind) asked her if the Bell initiative has made a difference to fixing mental health issues.

Her reply, essentially, was it hasn't and she used the phrase, "a drop in the bucket." 

The way he quickly moved on makes me pretty sure that wasn't the answer he was expecting to hear!

January 26, 2022 4:46 pm  #9