sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 31, 2021 3:56 pm  #2

Re: Betty White dead at 99

That's a shame and it will ruin a ton of plans for TV people. There were numerous specials and tributes to her planned for her 100th birthday on various networks. Not sure if they will still run or simply be rejigged in her memory. 

Betty White's 10 Best TV Roles, Ranked, From Mary Tyler Moore to Golden Girls

December 31, 2021 6:10 pm  #3

A nice obit, great clips and review of her career from CBC.ca
https://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/betty-white-obituary-1.6301527

December 31, 2021 7:43 pm  #4

If you're like me, you saw the story on your Facebook or other social media feed and found yourself checking numerous sources to make sure it was true. Some might recall seeing phony posts on social media in years past saying "Betty White has dyed" and then it would say "Betty White has dyed her hair" in the mock story. I was hoping that was the case this time around. Sadly it wasn't, I discovered after doing a quick Google search.

RIP to a very funny and classy lady and a true Hollywood icon in every sense of the word.

PJ

ClassicHitsOnline.com...The place where all the cool tunes hang out!

December 31, 2021 10:20 pm  #5

RadioActive wrote:

That's a shame

Yes it is.  As I keep saying over and over lately...doesn't ANYONE live to be 100 anymore??? 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

January 1, 2022 12:53 am  #6

Betty White had a TV career that spanned at least part of 9 decades, dating back to before commercial TV even existed in the United States. Her first television appearance was at age 17 on an experimental television station in Los Angeles - likely W6XAO (predecessor to today’s KCBS) - in 1939.

January 1, 2022 9:04 am  #7

Nehemiah Persoff celebrated his 102nd birthday last Aug 2nd. Next up to join the 100 club Norman Lear [July 27] Getting close: Bob Barker-98, Eva Marie Saint-97, Dick Van Dyke/Angela Lansbury/June Lockhart-96, Mel Brooks/Tony Bennett/ David Attenborough-95. Even Dr. Ruth is getting up there. She is 93.

January 1, 2022 11:32 am  #8

Wouldn't it be something if everybody liked the rest of us as much as we loved Betty White?

What A Wonderful World This Would Be.

January 2, 2022 2:06 am  #10

grilled.cheese wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

That's a shame

Yes it is.  As I keep saying over and over lately...doesn't ANYONE live to be 100 anymore??? 

Hazel McCallion.

Yup. Hazel will be 101 on Valentine's day.  I believe she also holds record for world's oldest mayor. 
Good for her! 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.