sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2021 12:33 pm  #31

Re: Could Someone Please Explain To Me Why 18-49 Demo Rules In Ratings?

Cell phones are definitely getting bigger. The Galaxy S21 Ultra is roughly 3" x 6.5".

October 29, 2021 3:22 pm  #32

Cell phones are security blankets for grown-ups.

October 30, 2021 7:33 am  #33

paterson1 wrote:

you would need to have a pretty pathetic financial advisor if you haven't been making money in the last year.  The TSX is up 36% from a year ago 

This is a radio/TV enthusiasts discussion board.    Would you recommend that people who post here direct a portion of savings (self administered RRSP, etc) to telecommunications/cable companies, even though the return on investment has been pathetic (your term) or would you recommend they avoid the likes of Bell, Corus, Rogers & Telus?

October 30, 2021 10:28 am  #34

geo wrote:

paterson1 wrote:

you would need to have a pretty pathetic financial advisor if you haven't been making money in the last year.  The TSX is up 36% from a year ago 

This is a radio/TV enthusiasts discussion board.    Would you recommend that people who post here direct a portion of savings (self administered RRSP, etc) to telecommunications/cable companies, even though the return on investment has been pathetic (your term) or would you recommend they avoid the likes of Bell, Corus, Rogers & Telus?

I am not a financial advisor, so I don't advise or recommend to people on anything about their money or investments.  I also never said anything about the return on investment with telecommunications/cable companies, you brought it up with figures regarding these businesses.  What I said was that the TSX was up about 36% overall from a year ago, so if you haven't had any increase in the value of your portfolio in the last year, you have a poor advisor.  What you want to invest in or not invest ultimately is up to you,