sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 3, 2016 10:53 am  #1

CHRY Vibe 105.5

Any thought's on York U's campus station? About a year ago there was a kerfuffle when the station dismissed their volunteers and switched to what they called an "urban alternative" format and what appeared to be a drive to become a commercial station, or at least as commercial as you can be with a campus and community license. There were some protests by the fired volunteers but that appears to have fizzled out over the summer.

I've taken a look at their website and they still seem to be finding their feet. I can't find a programming grid of any kind which is unusual for a campus/community station. Does anyone have any impression of what's going on and what, if anything, the CRTC thinks of all the changes as it's not clear they conform with their expectations. For instance, spoken word seems to be almost entirely lacking. The website mentions talk shows/reporting but what are these shows and when are they on? Who knows? 

Last edited by Hansa (April 3, 2016 10:55 am)

April 4, 2016 12:38 am  #2

Re: CHRY Vibe 105.5

Hansa wrote:

I can't find a programming grid of any kind which is unusual for a campus/community station.

That's a very good point. Their old guide is still available, with no note that it's an archive. 
If the old guide is so easy to find, shouldn't the current guide be just as easy?
CHRY: http://www.yorku.ca/chry/schedule/index2.htm

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.