sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 30, 2021 7:45 pm  #1

Super Bowl LVI Half Time Show Performers

The 56th Super Bowl is set for February 13, 2022 on NBC, Peacock and Telemundo in the US and CTV, CTV2, TSN and RDS in Canada.  Today the half time show performers were announced for the big show. More from CNN..
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/30/entertainment/super-bowl-lvi-halftime-show/index.html

September 30, 2021 9:08 pm  #2

Re: Super Bowl LVI Half Time Show Performers

Hip Hop. Is that anything like the Bunny Hop?

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

October 1, 2021 8:12 am  #3

I wonder how many songs that get performed will I recognize.

October 2, 2021 12:56 am  #4

Did they forget the halftime show is 15 minutes? So each of these artists will sing one song? Weird. 

October 2, 2021 5:09 am  #5

torontostan wrote:

Did they forget the halftime show is 15 minutes? So each of these artists will sing one song? Weird. 

No. I'm thinking it'll more likely be a variety montage of some sort. Bits and pieces of as many songs as possible blended in so creatively to create a seamless stream of Hip Hop & other stuff.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 2, 2021 10:17 pm  #6

paterson1 wrote:

The 56th Super Bowl is set for February 13, 2022 on NBC, Peacock and Telemundo in the US and CTV, CTV2, TSN and RDS in Canada.  Today the half time show performers were announced for the big show. More from CNN..
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/30/entertainment/super-bowl-lvi-halftime-show/index.html

thanks for the article paterson1, wow, they're going old (and tired) school with nary an up and coming hot artist or band in the bunch. One of the weakest lineups ever.
Terry O'Reilly's Under The Influence has a number of terrific episodes on the Super Bowl advertising insanity if anyone is looking for something interesting to listen to.

Last edited by betaylored (October 2, 2021 10:20 pm)

October 3, 2021 5:57 pm  #7

betaylored wrote:

wow, they're going old (and tired) school with nary an up and coming hot artist or band in the bunch. One of the weakest lineups ever.
Terry O'Reilly's Under The Influence has a number of terrific episodes on the Super Bowl advertising insanity if anyone is looking for something interesting to listen to.

Sometimes what's old is new again. It would have made more sense though if Queens were an NBC program instead of ABC, and airing after the SuperBowl instead of in October.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 3, 2021 7:49 pm  #8

Radiowiz wrote:

betaylored wrote:

wow, they're going old (and tired) school with nary an up and coming hot artist or band in the bunch. One of the weakest lineups ever.

Sometimes what's old is new again. It would have made more sense though if Queens were an NBC program instead of ABC, and airing after the SuperBowl instead of in October.

Very true Radiowiz, what's old is new again sometimes, I recently read they're bringing the original Law and Order back, with a new cast and Sam Waterston has said he'd be interested in returning as Jack McCoy. Now that's a reboot?/resurrection/reimagining I can get behind.