sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 23, 2021 10:16 am  #1

Zoomer Radio's Bizarre Out Of Demo Contest

You wouldn't expect someone my age to be giving a lot of ear time to G98.7. And you probably wouldn't think that Zoomer Radio, the oldies-themed powerhouse at 740 AM, would be out for the youth crowd - and I mean really young. But nonetheless, they're running a sort of contest (the prize is a T-shirt) if you can get kids (or in this case, more likely grandkids) to pump their love for the station, which plays music that originated before even some of their parents were born. 

I guess it's cute, but it seems strange that they'd want to publicize how much a 12-year-old enjoys listening to AM740. 

Zoomer Radio Kids Testimonials

September 23, 2021 4:30 pm  #2

Re: Zoomer Radio's Bizarre Out Of Demo Contest

Young fogey radio?

September 23, 2021 11:13 pm  #3

I listened to quite a few AM oldies stations when I was younger, but I definitely didn’t go around advertising that I did so.

September 23, 2021 11:17 pm  #4

MJ Vancouver wrote:

I listened to quite a few AM oldies stations when I was younger, but I definitely didn’t go around advertising that I did so.

I actually miss the days of my youth when I used to say to my friends "I thought there was a game today..." while secretly being a fan of oldies on CJCL.  
(I got away with it also because I'd still listen to various other radio stations)  

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.