sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 24, 2021 11:09 pm  #1

Habs win!!

Sportsnet must be happy a Canadian team has made it to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Go Habs. 

June 25, 2021 7:53 am  #2

Re: Habs win!!

So finally, Rogers investment in the NHL is starting to pay some dividends.  Congrats Montreal, bring back the cup!!  The ratings will be over the top.

June 25, 2021 9:45 am  #3

Any true Leaf fans will NOT be cheering for the Habs in the Stanley Cup Final. If the Leafs were in the same position, do you really think Hab fans would cheer for the Leafs because they are a Canadian team? Not a chance in hell would that ever happen.

June 25, 2021 10:12 am  #4

I can't  understand sports fans that have an intense hate for another team.Over the years I've known fans that were in a quandary after a blockbuster trade that brought a number of top players from the team they hated so much. Now they must hate the former players from their home team that were traded, and cheer on the players from the other team they cursed with such anger.

June 25, 2021 11:32 am  #5

I have always been a Leafs fan, however the so called "true" Leafs fans or "Leafs Nation" need to get over themselves. Would Montreal fans cheer for the Leafs because they are a Canadian team?  We don't know since Toronto never gets anywhere near the  Stanley Cup finals, and often don't even get into the first round.  Leafs fans should show some class.  It is pretty hard not to like Montreal since they were in 18th spot during a rocky regular season, and just barely made it into the playoffs.  Look at them now!   GO HABS GO!!   

Last edited by paterson1 (June 25, 2021 11:34 am)

June 25, 2021 12:41 pm  #6

When I was young, most of the NHL games my dad would take me to were the Leafs vs Habs. Of course I rooted for the Leafs, and still do, but I still have a soft spot for Les Canadiens. And how can anyone not want to see Carey Price be on a Stanley Cup winning team. Go Carey!! Go Habs!!!

June 25, 2021 3:52 pm  #7

Born in Toronto, grew up in Montreal in the 70's, moved back here eventually..

I absolutely have dual citizenship (everyone does with their siblings, pets, kids...it is possible) with Toronto and Montreal, but right now I only have a ratty, well-worn Habs t-shirt. I will buy a Leafs shirt the second we make it past the first round.

Go Habs Go 🥅🏒🤞🇨🇦

Last edited by betaylored (June 25, 2021 3:57 pm)

June 26, 2021 2:26 pm  #8

Putting on my official classic Henri Richard, # 16 jersey.  Ready for the playoffs.

June 27, 2021 11:28 pm  #9

I have decided that Tampa Bay is going to win. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 28, 2021 9:32 am  #10

Radiowiz wrote:

are you a superstitious Habs fan going for the reverse jinx?

July 7, 2021 11:18 pm  #11

betaylored wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

are you a superstitious Habs fan going for the reverse jinx?

Sometimes it's just more fun leaving people wondering how I did that...   

July 7, 2021 11:39 pm  #12

Not a Habs fan. Never will be. Don't care about a Canadian team has to win the cup crap. The clock finally struck Midnight for the Cinderella Canadiens. Now the regular divisions return this fall and the Leafs and Habs chances of winning the Stanley Cup return to slim and none.

July 8, 2021 12:47 am  #13

mace wrote:

Now the regular divisions return this fall and the Leafs and Habs chances of winning the Stanley Cup return to slim and none.

I think that one is more about the reality of Leaf injuries more than just trying to predict something at this point.

July 8, 2021 10:04 am  #14

The best team won!  Congratulations to Tampa on the back to back Stanley Cup wins.  And thanks to Montreal for giving millions something to cheer about, what a great season.  I am sure Rogers was more than pleased having a Canadian team go deep into the playoffs and in the Stanley Cup final.  Certainly did wonders for their ratings which were way up. 

I thought the camera work and broadcasts were excellent during the playoffs, especially the slow motion isolated replays were bang on. And NBC did a nice piece since last night, and on Monday.  Last night was the last NHL game for NBC and NBCSN. It was nice that they gave recognition to their crews, on air people and their association with the NHL broadcasting the games since 2005. That was a nice touch.