sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 9, 2021 8:56 pm  #1

Jimmy Fallon mistakes No Frills grocery store for an actual band

How did this not get more coverage in this country? It happened Tuesday on The Tonight Show. And no, it wasn't a product placement by Loblaws. 

Jimmy Fallon mistakes No Frills grocery store for an actual band

June 10, 2021 12:46 am  #2

Re: Jimmy Fallon mistakes No Frills grocery store for an actual band

No one watches Fallon. 

June 10, 2021 7:13 pm  #3

He just signed a 5 year deal with NBC to continue the show, even though The Tonight Show often trails Colbert and Kimmel.  Used to like Fallon more, but I am getting tired of his stupid competitions with guests.  Also when he had Dave Grohl on a few weeks ago, Fallon kept trying to upstage Dave.  The music competition they had was lame and hard to watch, Dave wasn't even trying and seemed almost embarrassed.  Fallon needs to tone it down, and please stop saying that every guest is your favourite person in the world...

June 10, 2021 8:19 pm  #4

I'm not a Fallon fan, although I think he's an amazingly talented guy. Just not a great talk show host.

But as The History of Late Night on CNN pointed out, Fallon's people decided to program the Tonight Show to be sure parts of it were ready for YouTube, where a lot of these tiresome game playing segments wind up. That's the reason you see so many bits on the show.

While they're still interested in 11:30 PM eyeballs, they also want a younger demo to watch some of the more creative stuff online - hence less talk, more shtick. 

June 10, 2021 9:18 pm  #5

All the late night talk shows do bits for Youtube and have for years.  Seth Meyers A Closer Look and James Corden Car Karaoke are very popular.  And of course Jimmy Kimmel playing pranks on his kids and ridiculous questions segments are also big.  Agree that Fallon is very talented but he tries to upstage guests too much and always puts himself in everything which is likely why the ratings have been sliding.  I sense that people are starting to tire of him, so he should tone it down. Did you know that the Tonight Show has 24 writers, including the host.

June 10, 2021 10:12 pm  #6

Bring back Steve Allen.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram