sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 11, 2021 8:36 am  #1


WHERE WERE YOU IN '52?

A post on another thread stated that when George VI (no relation) died, all radio in his/her area "went solemn"

My recollection (of AM 1490 in K-W) is that it had a CBC feed which did indeed run somber music, but some regular local programming continued.     It was a CBC affiliate.

Where were you in '52?

geo


          

Last edited by geo (April 11, 2021 9:37 am)

 

April 11, 2021 9:32 am  #2


Re: WHERE WERE YOU IN '52?

Well, for the first half not quite finished 'baking', and the second half was spent getting to know life outside of the womb.

Last edited by DeepTracks (April 11, 2021 9:34 am)

 

April 11, 2021 11:43 am  #3


Re: WHERE WERE YOU IN '52?

Inside the womb for nine months!


- Chris Mayberry
 

April 11, 2021 1:19 pm  #4


Re: WHERE WERE YOU IN '52?

Never mind me.
My mother was born in '53. lol


 


RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.
 
 

April 11, 2021 2:55 pm  #5


Re: WHERE WERE YOU IN '52?

My dad was born in 1952.

 

April 11, 2021 2:59 pm  #6


Re: WHERE WERE YOU IN '52?

I wasn't even conceived when George VI died. That would happen several months later, with my eventual arrival happening on Albert Einstein's 74th birthday. [March 14]

 

April 11, 2021 4:08 pm  #7


Re: WHERE WERE YOU IN '52?

Maybo wrote:

Inside the womb for nine months!

Hey young feller, I was hatched 25 days before you.
 


"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram
 

April 12, 2021 11:42 am  #8


Re: WHERE WERE YOU IN '52?

Dale Patterson wrote:

Maybo wrote:

Inside the womb for nine months!

Hey young feller, I was hatched 25 days before you.
 

Just missed Capricorn inclusion, Dale!  🤣

My parents bought a Queen’s Coronation tea mug the year I was born.  I missed the King’s death but was alive for that, although I somehow have no recollection of it at four-and-a-half months.  😂


- Chris Mayberry
 

April 12, 2021 6:07 pm  #9


Re: WHERE WERE YOU IN '52?

Maybo wrote:

Dale Patterson wrote:

Maybo wrote:

Inside the womb for nine months!

Hey young feller, I was hatched 25 days before you.
 

Just missed Capricorn inclusion, Dale! 🤣

My parents bought a Queen’s Coronation tea mug the year I was born. I missed the King’s death but was alive for that, although I somehow have no recollection of it at four-and-a-half months. 😂

I was born on the "cusp" apparently, so I'm neither fish nor fowl. It's all horse hockey, as Col. Potter would say.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/lifestyle/people/sagittarius-capricorn-cusp-4-personality-traits-people-born-under-cusp-prophecy-609403
 


"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram
 

April 13, 2021 11:18 am  #10


Re: WHERE WERE YOU IN '52?

Dale Patterson wrote:

I was born on the "cusp" apparently, so I'm neither fish nor fowl. It's all horse hockey, as Col. Potter would say.

https://www.pinkvilla.com/lifestyle/people/sagittarius-capricorn-cusp-4-personality-traits-people-born-under-cusp-prophecy-609403
 

Pretty much!  😊
 


- Chris Mayberry
 

April 18, 2021 7:57 pm  #11


Re: WHERE WERE YOU IN '52?

I Was six years old. I remember the death of the King, but I don't recall what happened to radio. Radio was just some boring stuff my Mom and Dad listened to.