sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 3, 2021 3:00 pm  #1

Larry Green

This from Linda Nash....It is with much sadness and regret that I must announce that Larry Green, jazz aficionado, radio personality, record industry executive, musician, father, and friend, passed away at about 7:00 pm this evening, I am advised by his daughter Rosie.Please feel free to express any condolences or anecdotes you may have under “Comments” on Linda Nash’s FB post so that I may pass them on to Rosie and Joey, Larry’s children.RIP Larry. You gave me a shot and for that I’ll never forget you. And like our high school alma mater school song says: “OCI, OCI, we will fight with all our might until we die” - and you did!(PS: The Family has asked that no public radio announcements be made until they’ve made arrangements and they’ve had the opportunity to advise the rest of Larry’s family and friends not on FB. Please let’s respect their wishes.

Last edited by Marsden (January 3, 2021 11:16 pm)

January 24, 2021 9:33 am  #2

Re: Larry Green

The Toronto Star has finally caught up to this story, with a nice profile of the late Mr. Green. 

Beloved radio host Larry Green was the voice of music for a generation of Torontonians

January 25, 2021 1:32 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

The Toronto Star has finally caught up to this story, with a nice profile of the late Mr. Green. 

Beloved radio host Larry Green was the voice of music for a generation of Torontonians

We noticed this article in the Star yesterday and wondered why there was no writer credit. It almost looked like an obituary given more prominence.

Last edited by mike marshall (January 25, 2021 1:33 pm)

January 25, 2021 1:50 pm  #4

The article indicates a byline of one "Ed Brown," and that it's "Special To The Star," which means he doesn't work for the newspaper. I don't know who he is, but from the tone of the piece, it certainly appears he knew Mr. Green and his family. 

January 25, 2021 5:48 pm  #5

RadioActive wrote:

The article indicates a byline of one "Ed Brown," and that it's "Special To The Star," which means he doesn't work for the newspaper.

Online, perhaps, but in our actual hard copy of the Star, there is a credit for the illustrator (not Ed Brown) but
no mention of the author or "Special To The Star." We've double checked. We found it odd, hence the original post.