sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 17, 2020 12:56 pm  #1

Where Local GTA Radio Station Transmitters Are Located

Ever wonder which local GTA stations are coming off the CN Tower or First Canadian Place? Or even from somewhere else? This site claims to tell you where each one is located, along with those on the outskirts of the city. I don't know how up-to-date it is, but it's interesting to see where the towers are for some of the biggest broadcasters (and some that are not so big) in the city, along with a few that are out of town.

World Radio Map GTA Transmitter List

September 17, 2020 1:04 pm  #2

Re: Where Local GTA Radio Station Transmitters Are Located

And you can listen to the stations as well.

September 17, 2020 1:09 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

I don't know how up-to-date it is

Looks to be very well maintained. For 104.7/107.7 Buffalo, it has their new logo they just switched to last week.

September 17, 2020 1:12 pm  #4

RadioActive wrote:

I don't know how up-to-date it is

Looks good. Up to date. 95.3 has the current Energy Logo, not the older classic logo. 
(to name one example)

*Whoops! They have the current Rise radio listed for 1380, but they accidentally forgot to delete Country 1380...?

Last edited by Radiowiz (September 17, 2020 1:16 pm)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

September 17, 2020 2:08 pm  #5

Interesting that they list CHTO, the Greek format at 1690, as also being at 1490. As far as I know, they were granted permission for this repeater but never actually put it on the air - at least not yet.

But I'm impressed that they included CFRX, CFRB's little mentioned shortwave station at 6070. I'm not even sure if it's still on the air, but most sites probably wouldn't bother listing it.  

Why WTAM Cleveland is on the Toronto list of stations is beyond me, but it's nice to see it. 

September 17, 2020 3:51 pm  #6

Ive seen the site before.  Its pretty precise for example CIDC it even labels it on the road the transmitter is on "Charleston Side Rd Caledon" 

September 17, 2020 9:52 pm  #7

CHAA 1610 is listed as "glen park".  Where's that?  Near yorkdale?  The transmitter is a stone's throw from Cherry Street, down by the lake, on City of Toronto property - I believe it is next to a maintenance building- on Unwin Avenue.   

September 18, 2020 2:56 am  #8

What?  No entry for 'sauga 960?   This is an outrage....

September 18, 2020 11:11 am  #9

Glen Warren wrote:

What?  No entry for 'sauga 960?   This is an outrage....

Haha it would say "Mississauga, trucking yard" 

September 20, 2020 2:41 am  #10

Great resource, but may not be updated much/anymore, as the first entry I looked up was nearly 10 years out of date:  CJCA-930 Edmonton moved their transmitter to a new site in Devon almost 10 years ago.  On the other hand, CFCW moved from 790 to 840 just a few years ago, and that new frequency is shown.