sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 5, 2020 2:11 pm  #1

Jeopardy Down To One Week OF New Episodes

FYI for all you Jeopardy fans on this Board;  the last new episode airs next Friday.

https://tvline.com/2020/06/05/jeopardy-reruns-start-date-last-new-original-episode-coronavirus/

Last edited by Media Observer (June 5, 2020 2:15 pm)

June 5, 2020 8:04 pm  #2

Re: Jeopardy Down To One Week OF New Episodes

When in rerun mode, I would love to see some of the original NBC daytime Art Fleming/Don Pardo episodes. Alas, I doubt many of those episodes survived the tapeover policy used by the U.S. networks in the 60's.

June 5, 2020 8:24 pm  #3

mace wrote:

When in rerun mode, I would love to see some of the original NBC daytime Art Fleming/Don Pardo episodes. Alas, I doubt many of those episodes survived the tapeover policy used by the U.S. networks in the 60's.

That is brilliant! Fans of Jeopardy would likely love to see some shows from the 60's and 70's, even a program on the origins and how Merv Griffin came up with the concept.  Merv and his wife wrote most of the theme music for Jeopardy. 

Anyway, some best of, or classic shows would be very popular.  Anything they can find from the vaults would be a hit, making some of the old shows "new" again!

June 5, 2020 9:10 pm  #4

Ask and ye shall receive.  (Well, one, anyway)

Last edited by Peter the K (June 5, 2020 9:10 pm)

June 6, 2020 9:26 am  #5

I found two other complete episodes. The 2000th from 1973 where Art informed viewers that if a contestant answered every clue correctly, they would collect $28,320, and the final episode from Jan 3, 1975. SPOILER ALERT: The winner collected $700, a set of encyclopedias and the 10th edition of the Jeopardy home game. 

June 6, 2020 1:04 pm  #6

I guess I'm missing something. Is there something wrong with Alex's version of the show going into reruns? I assumed like other shows, they when into reroll in the summer months.

Or ----- could it be that perhaps (sorry) they were Alex's last. (Innocent sincere question)

June 6, 2020 4:15 pm  #7

Very few Fleming episodes exist. Even the US Game Show Network only aired two or three.

June 7, 2020 6:36 am  #8

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Trebek episodes going into reruns. Just being nostagic. During summer vacation from high school, I would always watch the Hollywood Squares/Jeopardy block on NBC from 11:30-12:30.