sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 21, 2020 11:38 am  #1

Mike Bullard Loses Court Case After Suing Chatelaine For Defamation

Ex-CFRB and Sauga 960 radio host and comedian Mike Bullard has lost in court again. This time, it was over an article in Rogers' owned Chatelaine Magazine that centered on his relationship with and the charges he faced over harassment of City TV reporter and former girlfriend Cynthia Mulligan. 

In a strongly worded decision, the judge ruled that he essentially brought it on himself. Also interesting to note that in the year before the article appeared, Bullard's annual income was down to just $2,552.

Judge tosses Mike Bullard's libel suit against Chatelaine

May 21, 2020 1:26 pm  #2

Re: Mike Bullard Loses Court Case After Suing Chatelaine For Defamation

By the way, just noticed how City TV-related ties are all over this case. Not only does it centre on the station's Cynthia Mulligan, but Bullard is represented by Asher Honickman, who if memory serves is the son of Lorne Honickman, former CityPulse reporter, who left the biz to become a lawyer on his own. He still appears occasionally as a legal expert on GNR 640.

May 21, 2020 3:40 pm  #3

Bullard hasn't been relative in over a decade, met him once at a CMW.  Self centred arrogant individual.  Move on Mike.

May 22, 2020 8:43 am  #4

Speaking of people who are persona non grata...

Jian Ghomeshi’s back with new podcast - and new backing

January 28, 2022 8:12 pm  #5

Just when you thought the Mike Bullard case was over and forgotten, it gets new life.

The Bullard situation reminds me of a trainwreck where the train rolls down a hill, hits a wall, backs up the hill, and rolls down and hits the wall again, over and over again. He had numerous opportunities to walk away, initially with some dignity intact, but he kept making choices that make his situation worse. To be fair, this doesn't appear to be a classic stalking situation where an idiot can't take no for an answer when someone breaks up with him (or her) - but it does appear to be one where his ego wouldn't let him let things go - so if Mulligan's cameraman was badmouthing him after the breakup, he should have either ignored it or gone to a lawyer and sent the guy a cease and desist letter. Instead, he apparently tried to get Mulligan to tell the cameraguy to knock it off - and ended up getting himself charged with harassment. And then on and on and on up to his ridiculous lawsuit against Macleans that ended up with the judge serving Bullard's ass on a platter - and now this.

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2022/01/28/just-bury-this-thing-how-a-private-eye-tried-to-make-a-toronto-tv-hosts-harassment-case-go-away.html  

Last edited by Hansa (January 29, 2022 12:12 pm)

January 28, 2022 9:23 pm  #6

Charlie wrote:

1010 desperately needs a 2 to 5 host.  They could do worse.

Bullard or the "paranormal investigator" he hired to help his case? 

January 29, 2022 2:10 am  #7

SpinningWheel wrote:

Does anybody have a copy of when the Diodes did Mike Bullard?     I found one!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=SMJ_UgsejqE    That's about how relevant he is to me lately.   But I did enjoy his radio show for a while too.      I hope he makes out well.  He's been through a lot of crap.

"Been through a lot of crap?"  You make it sound like someone did all of this to him.  =12pxCynthia Mulligan is the one who has been through a lot of crap.  Anything Bullard has been through has been self-inflicted.

January 29, 2022 10:36 am  #8

Wow ... i thought i couldn't have less respect for Mr. Bullard .. i was wrong .. 

January 29, 2022 12:46 pm  #9

SpinningWheel wrote:

Tomas Barlow wrote:

SpinningWheel wrote:

Does anybody have a copy of when the Diodes did Mike Bullard?     I found one!  https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=SMJ_UgsejqE    That's about how relevant he is to me lately.   But I did enjoy his radio show for a while too.      I hope he makes out well.  He's been through a lot of crap.

"Been through a lot of crap?"  You make it sound like someone did all of this to him.  =12pxCynthia Mulligan is the one who has been through a lot of crap.  Anything Bullard has been through has been self-inflicted.

Don't put words in my mouth from your tiny brain.   He's already paid the price for that crap, and deservedly so.   What more do you want?

Bullard's been making bad, ego-driven choices since leaving CTV to go to Global (and burning his bridges afterwards). More seriously every turn in the Mulligan case has been self-inflicted and a case of finding yourself in a hole and continuing to dig. He gets mad about the post-breakup gossip instead of ignoring it or dealing with it like an adult so he gets himself criminally charged. He deals with that stupidly so he gets more charges and loses his job. Rinse and repeat and at no point has he ever acted like an adult and realised or admitted he screwed up. Even after pleading out to a lesser charge to resolve his case he blames everyone else in the post court news scrum and subsequently.

I can have sympathy for someone who makes a mistake, owns up to it, and learns from it. Bullard hasn't done that. Just listen to the interview he gave last year to Dean Blundell on YouTube (another former broadcaster who authored his own destruction).

Last edited by Hansa (January 29, 2022 12:46 pm)

January 30, 2022 4:42 am  #10

Even when he was hosting his dreadful late night talk shows when a joke would bomb he’d get angry at the crowd and explain the joke as if they were stupid. He couldn’t allow himself to imagine that he delivered weak material. He seems like an egomaniac.

Last edited by Tomas Barlow (January 30, 2022 4:46 am)

February 1, 2022 6:38 pm  #12

In her victim impact statement read into court Tuesday, Mulligan said Dubros abused the justice system and “tried to scare me into silence so I wouldn’t testify against the man who frightened my daughters and me, someone I simply dated for a short period of time, someone police thought was so unstable they told me to take my daughters and move out of our home, a coward who was desperately trying to avoid justice.”

March 1, 2022 4:26 pm  #13

The P.I. working for Bullard has just been given an 18 month sentence;  for his actions involving Cynthia Mulligan and other witnesses in the case.

https://clearthis.page/?u=https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2022/03/01/toronto-private-eye-gets-18-months-in-jail-for-attempts-to-blackmail-high-profile-harassment-victim.html

Last edited by Media Observer (March 1, 2022 4:45 pm)

March 1, 2022 4:43 pm  #14

Wow, those recordings with Cynthia Mulligan, Pam Seatle and the rest linked to at the end of the article are pretty incredible. What a creep. The sentence wasn't anywhere near long enough. 

March 1, 2022 8:10 pm  #15

would like to have Mark Mendellson (sp?) on Newstalk 1010 to discuss this case, and what investigators have to do to get and keep their licenses, and how did Dubros get away with this behaviour for an extended period of time.

Dubros sounds like a bad actor from a B movie, he's also a "paranormal sleuth"... sleuth 🧐🙄

Last edited by betaylored (March 1, 2022 8:18 pm)

March 10, 2022 4:32 pm  #16

Media Observer wrote:

The P.I. working for Bullard has just been given an 18 month sentence;  for his actions involving Cynthia Mulligan and other witnesses in the case.

https://clearthis.page/?u=https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2022/03/01/toronto-private-eye-gets-18-months-in-jail-for-attempts-to-blackmail-high-profile-harassment-victim.html

Welcome back my friends to the story that never ends. He's been released on bail, while appealing his conviction. 

Toronto private eye appeals obstruction of justice conviction, is released on bail

March 10, 2022 4:57 pm  #17

The amazing thing is he hasn't automatically lost his license over this.

March 10, 2022 5:47 pm  #18

Hansa wrote:

The amazing thing is he hasn't automatically lost his license over this.

According to the article,  only certain convictions result in such an outcome.   "Obstruction of Justice" is not one of the charges that initiates a license revocation.

Last edited by Media Observer (March 10, 2022 5:49 pm)

March 10, 2022 7:00 pm  #19

Also please note it has been well reported that the private investigator-paranormal investigator suffers from bipolar disorder which is a major mental illness.
I believe he also has other related psychiatric conditions including PTSD.