sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2020 5:43 pm  #1

Watch "The Connors?" Here's Why You May Need To See It Twice This Week

It's not everyone's cup of tea but if you're a fan of the Roseanne spin-off "The Connors," this Tuesday's episode is one you may want to watch twice - one from the east coast feed and one from the west, if your cable package allows it. The reason? Both will be done live, playing off - and commenting on - the Democratic Primary going on at the same time as it airs.

It's a gimmick, of course, and a big challenge for the actors. I remember The Drew Carey Show used to do the same thing when it aired on the network. Always fun to watch the difference between one feed and the other if you like that sort of thing. 

The Conners' Live Episode Will React to Tuesday's Primary Results

February 9, 2020 11:58 pm  #2

Re: Watch "The Connors?" Here's Why You May Need To See It Twice This Week

So, I guess at 8pm we will get the CTV simsub version on WKBW and KOMO. 11pm the ABC feed on KOMO. 

February 10, 2020 12:15 am  #3

Here's the promo-caution-volume low: (it aired on ABC during the Oscars-Not sure if CTV aired it)

I love the announcer. Try saying "we're not doing it" and the announcer says "Yes you are...announcer gets last word" lol

Last edited by Radiowiz (February 10, 2020 12:20 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

February 11, 2020 2:01 pm  #4

In another weird turn, this live broadcast means parts of ABC Newsmight be appearing on CTV in Canada. Just another strange part of this thing.