sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2020 6:29 pm  #1

1010 Vs. 640: When Guests Collide

Sometimes you get a strange dichotomy when tuning between stations. On CFRB Wednesday afternoon, Ryan Doyle was complaining that Coun. Joe Cressy was "unavailable" to come on the show to comment on the fallout of the coronavirus because he was "too busy with city business." 

Meanwhile, less than an hour before, the same "unavailable" Cressy appeared for almost 20 mins. on John Oakley's show. Guess he wasn't too busy for that! 

Doyle mumbled under his breath after his explanation that "Cressy hates me." Looks like he was correct in that assessment! 

January 29, 2020 7:36 pm  #2

Re: 1010 Vs. 640: When Guests Collide

Ryan "Encyclopedia Brown" Doyle will be on the case!

January 30, 2020 10:53 am  #3

RadioActive wrote:

Sometimes you get a strange dichotomy when tuning between stations. On CFRB Wednesday afternoon, Ryan Doyle was complaining that Coun. Joe Cressy was "unavailable" to come on the show to comment on the fallout of the coronavirus because he was "too busy with city business." 

Meanwhile, less than an hour before, the same "unavailable" Cressy appeared for almost 20 mins. on John Oakley's show. Guess he wasn't too busy for that! 

Doyle mumbled under his breath after his explanation that "Cressy hates me." Looks like he was correct in that assessment! 

John Oakley does a very good job of letting the lefties have their say and consequently he enjoys their collective respect in a way not shared by most of the other local right-wing voices (such as Jerry Agar et al, and in this case Ryan Doyle)

January 30, 2020 12:44 pm  #4

John Oakley, John Bolton + Conrad Black.     Radio's Dream Team

January 30, 2020 1:03 pm  #5

Ms. C. wrote:

Conrad Black? I guess it's good that the media is giving a chance for ex-cons to be reintegrated into society. 

January 30, 2020 1:14 pm  #6

Oakley's kept his stable stocked with a token lefty-or-two in order to feign diversity of opinion when called out, but the lower-tier far-right nuts are where his heart is really at.

January 30, 2020 2:35 pm  #7

Hansa wrote:

Ms. C. wrote:

Conrad Black? I guess it's good that the media is giving a chance for ex-cons to be reintegrated into society. 

If merit was determined by being condescending, arrogant, patronizing & deceitful, Mr. Black gets full marks.

January 30, 2020 4:09 pm  #8

g121 wrote:

Hansa wrote:

Ms. C. wrote:

If merit was determined by being condescending, arrogant, patronizing & deceitful, Mr. Black gets full marks.

Ignorant and uninformed swipes at ideological opposites are a dime a dozen out there - why waste your time and ours making them on the Big Yellow Board?

January 30, 2020 4:18 pm  #9

Oakley will be MIA on Friday and Monday. Where's he going? He confirmed on air Thursday he's taking a long weekend, heading to Miami with tickets to The Super Bowl.

Too bad - he's going to miss all the commercials!

January 30, 2020 5:51 pm  #10

6079 Smith W wrote:

g121 wrote:

Hansa wrote:

Ignorant and uninformed swipes at ideological opposites are a dime a dozen out there - why waste your time and ours making them on the Big Yellow Board?

re: ideological opposites ..
You are correct sir.  I'm not a felon.

January 30, 2020 5:56 pm  #11

g121 wrote:

6079 Smith W wrote:

g121 wrote:

re: ideological opposites ..
You are correct sir.  I'm not a felon.

yawn.