sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 25, 2019 2:07 pm  #1

NFL

This weekend will be the final weekend of the NFL regular season which means it will be the last time 60 Minutes is delayed past its regular 7pm start time. This will probably be a nice Christmas present for RA. For those of us who are NFL fans, the following games will be simsub free. 1pm CBS Seattle LAC/KC. 4:25pm  FOX Seattle Wash/Dal, CBS Seattle Tenn/Hous, CBS Buffalo Pit/Balt. Happy viewing.

December 25, 2019 2:20 pm  #2

Re: NFL

You're right - I will be happy to have regular start times on both CBS and Fox on Sundays, sooner than later.

But ever the pessimist, that still won't solve the problem for long. Next comes golf, which has no clock and can take forever to finish - not to mention what happens if it goes into extra rounds.

By the way, how ridiculous did it get this year? The series finale of "Madame Secretary," one of CBS' best quality shows, started at 10:45 PM on a Sunday night! No wonder it wasn't exactly one of their best viewed shows of the year. I hope people left a lot of extra time on their DVRs. 

December 26, 2019 10:26 am  #3

Re: NFL

I forgot about golf. The PGA Tour started Sept 12th and ends Aug 27th 2020. There is a tournament every weekend. I don't think CBS broadcasts every tournament because NBC/Golf Channel get a share of the coverage. You are correct though. There is no clock. Tournaments are notoriously slow and playoff rounds, usually sudden death, can add to the backslide of primetime programming. Then of course weather delays can really foul things up. Tournaments will continue in light rain, but if there is lightning or a torrential downpour, play is immediately suspended. Just a heads up for you. Sunday April 12th is the final round of the Masters. It always runs long because of the presentation of the Green Jacket at Butler Cabin. CBS has carried the Masters since 1956.