sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 27, 2019 10:48 am  #1

The NFL At 100: Saluting The 50 Best Radio/TV Voices

I haven’t watched an NFL game since I was in junior high school, which was a long time ago. (So long ago, they still had junior high school.) But I still recognize the names of almost every one of these legendary football announcers, and love the game or hate it (especially when it interrupts the Sunday night schedule) you have to admit this is quite a talent roster.

The only one missing that I can tell – the great Earl Mann, who took over from the late John Facenda as the narrator for NFL Films. He’s also a renowned voice-over performer, station I.D. guy and a former CFTR jock during their very early rock days. And he was great at that, too.

The 50 all-time greatest voices from television and radio as NFL celebrates 100th season

September 27, 2019 11:23 am  #2

Re: The NFL At 100: Saluting The 50 Best Radio/TV Voices

As long as I can watch without CTV cutting in, and as long as I can see the American commercials, that's all that matters!

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

September 27, 2019 11:50 am  #3

Re: The NFL At 100: Saluting The 50 Best Radio/TV Voices

Radiowiz wrote:

As long as I can watch without CTV cutting in, and as long as I can see the American commercials, that's all that matters!

Now that CTV2 has been added to the mix, avoiding simsub of NFL games is becoming more difficult, particularly with KIRO and KCPQ in Seattle.