sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 25, 2019 6:35 pm  #2

Re: Corus to shut down Cosmo TV and IFC on Sept 30.

I can understand Cosmo, but IFC should still have some life in it. 
Perhaps the problem is that companies like Bell might only find IFC useful once a year during TIFF or something like that, leaving the rest of the year to be unprofitable...?

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

September 25, 2019 7:27 pm  #3

They're throwing everything to 640. It must stay afloat!

September 25, 2019 7:40 pm  #4

Radiowiz wrote:

I can understand Cosmo, but IFC should still have some life in it. 
Perhaps the problem is that companies like Bell might only find IFC useful once a year during TIFF or something like that, leaving the rest of the year to be unprofitable...?

IFC isn't really an independent film channel in either country. Corus is killing theirs, so it being a dump channel is no surprise. Looking at the U.S. channel's schedule, it's filled with reruns of old sitcoms and Hollywood films. Sometimes they run original shows, but the Canadian channel doesn't run those.

September 27, 2019 2:09 pm  #5

Chrisphen wrote:

They're throwing everything to 640. It must stay afloat!

Then let Staffy and Tina T become the real show! 
Supriya is an astute political 'pundit' but not the best morning show partner - she needs a show for good politics with hits and opinions from all the Global reporters out there.
Oaks needs to go back to 4-7p and get rid of that horrible news simulcast - YUCK - Oaks round tables are good but could be more heated - Ernie was on fire the other day
I so miss Cam, the angriest red head in sport gambling - good insights and outstanding sad-sack anecdotes

There, I fixed it 

Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs... 
~ John McClane

October 18, 2019 10:30 am  #6

Corus Entertainment (CJR-B) shares in free fall yesterday; perhaps time for another strategy announcement