sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 30, 2019 7:31 pm  #1

Dana Levenson Leaving CTV Toronto

Just finished watching the 6PM edition of CTV Toronto's newscast. In the final ten minutes, Dana Levenson announced that she was leaving CTV Toronto. A nice video of her work over the last 19 years was shown. Nick Dickson then presented her with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Dana then thanked viewers, co-workers etc. but made no mention of her future plans. It sounds like this was her decision. Perhaps, she wants a break from her demanding schedule and simply be "Mom" to her two children in the foreseeable future. We shall see.

June 30, 2019 8:13 pm  #2

Re: Dana Levenson Leaving CTV Toronto

One thing I really liked about Dana Levenson is that when they put her live on location, she got to the weather first, instead of wasting the viewers' time with a 5-minute explanation of why she was there.

I wish they could teach Anwar Knight this lesson. He prattles on and on and on about stuff I don't care about when he's live and then squeezes the weather forecast - you know, that thing he was hired to do - into 40 seconds, rushing through it like it's an afterthought. 

For that reason, if nothing else, I will miss her contributions to CFTO's evening news.