sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 28, 2019 9:15 am  #1

Frank D’Angelo’s Bizarre Connection To Billionaire Murder Case

This one is for grilled.cheese.

The case of the murder of a billionaire and his wife that seemingly couldn’t get any stranger just did. The Star’s Kevin Donovan reveals that a son of Barry & Honey Sherman questioned the money his dad was investing with Frank D’Angelo.

Yes, the “Being Frank” guy.

Apparently, Barry Sherman believed there was money to be made making movies with the eccentric media personality, and it became an area of friction within the family.

“D’Angelo said they were hoping to strike it rich in film. “Barry understood exactly what our plan was. The plan was to make one movie that would explode.”

More here.

June 28, 2019 11:46 am  #2

Re: Frank D’Angelo’s Bizarre Connection To Billionaire Murder Case

I watched and enjoyed pretty much all of Frank's movies.  I also bought his biography.  I find him fascinating.  I'm not looking for Felini or Spielberg material, just something entertaining to watch on the Train.  I also enjoyed Kissed, Jesus of Montreal, Ginger Snaps, Meatballs, Wexford Plaza and Porkys' so you pretty much know my expectations.

The only problem I have with Frank, and it's a pretty common one with talent, is he reads his own press releases and takes them to heart.   I get the impression he surrounds himself with people who tell him what he believes he needs to hear, and that can sometimes allow otherwise smart people to make an ass of themselves.

Last edited by ig (June 28, 2019 11:51 am)

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

June 28, 2019 4:19 pm  #3

Sherman, who funded [Sicilian Vampire] and others by D’Angelo, writes: “Absurd as it may seem to you, I believe that (D’Angelo) has a talent to produce films with value in excess of cost.” Sherman adds more details about the movie and the associated finances. “The cost was well under $1 million, of which about half comes back from grants. Major actors in Hollywood take him seriously, as you can see.”

The man, the myth, the legend previously said that movie was made for $15 million. This is a rare case where they both might be lying. D'Angelo bluffing the cost of his movies to seem more important than he is and Sherman downplaying their price tag to his son.

June 23, 2023 9:19 pm  #4

In episode 3 of billionaire murders, there is an in depth examination of the bizarre funding of many of Frank’s (failed) enterprises.  Based on bankfruptcy filings, and other interviews that Kevin Donvan conducted, it is claimed that Barry Sherman put over $100 Million into financing Frank’s movies, brewery, CHCH TV show, etc.   D’Angelo is very forthcoming about his friendship with Sherman.  Worth watching on Crave TV