sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 17, 2019 9:30 pm  #1

Huge Company Broadcasts Exclusive Radio Station For Its Employees

Would you tune into a radio station run by a company that doesn't actually have any real expertise in radio? Some employees of the huge conglomerate Humana do. They're encouraged to listen to a live morning show before they go to work that comes from and boosts the company itself. I'm not sure I've ever heard of this before, and I doubt I'd listen to it if I worked there. But is it the beginning of a trend?

Humana creates exclusive radio service for all employees 

June 17, 2019 10:06 pm  #2

Re: Huge Company Broadcasts Exclusive Radio Station For Its Employees

this is a bit different but...  a few Canidian military bases as well as northern mining/logging camps have their own licensed radio services.  i don't know what they program and are exempt from normal CRTC regs but they provide info to their employees and surrounding communities

June 17, 2019 10:07 pm  #3

I don't think the Humana effort is actually a licenced station. It appears to be a streaming service made available to employees of the company.  

June 18, 2019 5:53 am  #4

RadioActive wrote:

I don't think the Humana effort is actually a licenced station. It appears to be a streaming service made available to employees of the company.  

The morning show alone shows intent to sound professional though, "Redgie Redge" (sp?)
so good for them!

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.