sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 25, 2019 11:42 pm  #1

CFRB Simulcasts TSN 1050 After Raptors Win

I was wondering what the local stations - which are normally on automation replay on weekend evenings (even the news is recorded after a certain hour) - would do if the Raptors won Game 6.  Turns out NT1010 simulcasted a Jim Tatti-hosted post game show that was airing on their sister station down the dial. Outside of The Fan and 680 News, everyone else was in reroll mode (640 had Jeff McArthur talking about making toast...)

I can't be sure, but I wonder if this is the highest number of listeners 1050 ever had since CHUM abandoned oldies.

May 26, 2019 7:54 am  #2

Re: CFRB Simulcasts TSN 1050 After Raptors Win

Here are the dates for the NBA Final. Thurs May 30, Sun June 2, Wed June 5, Fri June 7, Mon June 10, Thurs June 13, Sun June 16. Games 2 and 7 have an 8pm start. All others 9pm. If you don't like Matt Devlin's uber pro Raptor TSN broadcasts [I don't] ABC will offer a more balanced telecast of the series.

May 26, 2019 5:49 pm  #3

Re: CFRB Simulcasts TSN 1050 After Raptors Win

Aytononline wrote:

680 was focused on the traffic in the downtown core. They did that every few minutes. They did not say much about the game. At least not at midnight.

It's a news wheel, not a sports wheel. Good for them finding creative ways to report news without trying too hard to also be a heavy sports source. 15 and 45 past the hour is all that they need for sports, especially at midnight.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.