sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 16, 2019 6:29 am  #1

Shaw selling shares in Corus...but who's buying?

Shaw is selling $548 million worth of shares in Corus Entertainment as their stocks fell on Tuesday to $8.06...

I am just wondering who will buy and what this means for the broadcast industry in Canada...how profitable is it and where is the gap to make revenues happen?

Here is more on the deal...and offer...I figure if we all pull together and chip in, we can have a stake in Corus!!!  Jobs for everyone on the Big Yella!!!

https://calgaryherald.com/telecom/media/shaw-communications-selling-its-stake-in-corus-entertainment-for-548m/wcm/e9252362-4d67-47da-bacf-782cfecb62a2

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

May 16, 2019 6:37 am  #2

Re: Shaw selling shares in Corus...but who's buying?

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

Shaw is selling $548 million worth of shares in Corus Entertainment as their stocks fell on Tuesday to $8.06

Perhaps you intended to post that their stock fell FROM Tuesday's high of $8.06.   Perhaps.

May 16, 2019 6:42 am  #3

Ms.C. I did not know that...what did it fall too? 

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

May 16, 2019 7:08 am  #4

While reading the Calgary Herald article, I noticed a link to a Financial Post  piece "Why Canada's Next 5G Spectrum Auction Could Be Even Bigger" Apparently, Bell and Verizon sat on the sidelines during the 2017 auction of the 600 mhz band. They are waiting for the 2020 auction of the 3500 mhz band. After that, there will be an auction of the millimetre wave spectrum. Perhaps some of the more technologically intelligent members could explain why we need more auctions. Currently, what is the 3500 mhz band used for and what is the millimetre wave spectrum?

June 3, 2019 11:25 am  #5

Corus Entertainment shares remain stuck below $6.50 despite an analysts report in today's Globe Report on Biznez raising target to $8.50

P.S. - does anyone else find that the CORUS logo appears similar to a Coors Lite beer can?

Last edited by Ms. C. (June 3, 2019 11:27 am)