sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 29, 2019 5:19 pm  #1

Well, there is more news on the SNC Lavalin affair, but...

Are you getting SNC Lavalin Affair fatigue?

Do you switch to re-runs of Match Game on the Game Show channel when political pundits begin to dissect this stpry to pieces?

The latest is JWR has more to share about the covering up of information...and has recordings to prove it!!!

https://globalnews.ca/news/5110816/jody-wilson-raybould-justice-committee-snc-lavalin-recording/?utm_source=AM980London&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR06HXMiYUFyYQi1xlvNAnErI5NZbvOMsxbkpaY9_wK9zxUi6xHuYWQiFgY

But here are my questions, are you tired of this story and saga?

Will it affect how you vote in the fall?

Has the media overdone it on this story?

When will it go away?

Just some discussion points for the weekend...failing this we can chat about the start to the Blue Jays season...

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (March 29, 2019 5:20 pm)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

March 29, 2019 10:25 pm  #2

Re: Well, there is more news on the SNC Lavalin affair, but...

if you're a con, you're more apt to vote for scheer.  if you're a lib, nothing has changed.  if you're ndp, then the greens are starting to look better.  not much has changed.  it's still a long time until the fall election, so it's all about message management from here on in.

March 29, 2019 11:21 pm  #3

It fortifies my strategy of voting 'out' the bastards at every opportunity until it FINALLY dawns on them that they work for us, and not the other way around.

I vote for the candidate with the best chance of defeating my incumbent. Once I have a new incumbent, I vote against the new one the following time.Tenure is anathema to the politics of service. The only thing long tenure does is guarantee an excellent taxpayer-funded parliamentary pension, and ever more opportunities to hob-knob with very generous lobbyists.

Cut them off at the knees following four years, and there is no pension. Perhaps, in my wet dreams, they might even catch the clue that they don't work for the party. They work for me!

Last edited by Dial Twister (March 29, 2019 11:22 pm)

March 30, 2019 4:02 pm  #4

Mr. Trudeau's misfortune was to find a way to give the AG position to a a very rare bird - a person of integrity in the Liberal caucus. Had he assigned the portfolio to almost any else, his unethical influence of the minister would have slithered by unnoticed. The result is that Mr. Trudeau will likely be returning to drama school this fall, a footnote at best in the annals of Canadian politics.

As for your contention that the U.S. media would have gotten tired of the story by now, well they spent about three years on the Russia thing which in the end was all smoke and no fire. And they are still pounding this dead horse.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

March 30, 2019 6:27 pm  #5

Anytime one ponders a change .. just remember that Conservatives no longer gives you a Davis, they now give you the likes of a Harris, a Harper, a Ford or a Trump.  Until the NDP ups their game to be a true national option, there is only one choice.

March 30, 2019 8:12 pm  #6

g121 wrote:

Anytime one ponders a change .. just remember that Conservatives no longer gives you a Davis, they now give you the likes of a Harris, a Harper, a Ford or a Trump.  Until the NDP ups their game to be a true national option, there is only one choice.

this is not the forum to have a political debate.  however... g121 has a good point.  we need to stop harris-ing each other and harp-ing on issues that don't move us forward.  ford the river and trump the hardcore cons who are only fixated on money.

sry, couldn't resist the puns.

March 30, 2019 11:47 pm  #7

splunge wrote:

g121 wrote:

this is not the forum to have a political debate.  however... g121 has a good point.  we need to stop harris-ing each other and harp-ing on issues that don't move us forward.  ford the river and trump the hardcore cons who are only fixated on money.

sry, couldn't resist the puns.

Must agree - that's entirely True - d'oh!