sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 11, 2019 7:43 pm  #1

New life at the near dead Jazz FM and the future looks bright

Jazz FM has new life, both on air and off...as members came up big time this week in their spring fund drive...where they raised over $324,000.

Plus saw on air appearances from Jaymz Bee, Heather Bambrick, Walter Ven Afro, Ralph Benmurgui, David Baskin, Terry (I am gonna blow it-the spelling that is) Mcgelligot and so many other guests, during the fund drive.

New donors came through, previous donors came back big time,

As former CEO (Ross Porter) who will do his show until the contract ends in the spring...said when the new board was appointed on February 15th, "They threw the baby out with the bath water". 

I think they kept the baby and threw out the stinky water instead. When trust is broken like was before, the listeners, donors and staff will bail.

Trust is being restored now...and it shows on air this week and in donations.

Here is a message from the new board as posted on the Jazz FM website, needless to say everyone is overjoyed by what has happened this past week!
We’re happy to report that our spring pledge drive was a great success. Thanks to your generous donations, we were able to surpass our fundraising goal with a total of $324,081.Thank you so much to all our new and returning donors for showing their support and helping to push us forward so we can keep playing the music you love. We couldn’t do it without you. 

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

March 11, 2019 9:17 pm  #2

Re: New life at the near dead Jazz FM and the future looks bright

This is really welcome. Maybe it's a good thing Porter doing his show until contract ends. I like stable transfers of power. Glad to see these names still with the action on 91.1.  For me it's gonna be all jazz all week. A buddy of mine, a flute jazz player from Vancouver, is in town for gigs with some stellar local performers ... at the Rex this Wednesday and Pilot on Saturday. Anyhow, really thankful the tracks are intact at Jazz FM...

March 11, 2019 9:26 pm  #3

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

Terry (I am gonna blow it-the spelling that is) Mcgelligot

You almost got it, Joe. It's McElligott.

March 11, 2019 10:22 pm  #4