sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 7, 2019 4:15 pm  #1

Stations in Canada, Australia, New Zealand banning Jackson songs

I'm hoping this snowballs into an avalanche...I believe Jacko was a certified Sicko - - https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/07/michael-jackson-songs-banned-from-radio-after-tv-program-alleges-abuse.html 

March 7, 2019 5:49 pm  #2

Re: Stations in Canada, Australia, New Zealand banning Jackson songs

March 7, 2019 5:54 pm  #3

Can't remember the last time I knowingly played a Michael Jackson song.  I agree with Charlie.  He should have been removed from any kind of beneficial 'spot' a LONG time ago.  People who molest children need to experience what it's like to be underneath an honest to goodness steam-roller.  It doesn't matter would, otherwise, seem to be the prevailing attitude.  No one should be abused.  Children least of all.

March 7, 2019 5:56 pm  #4

Is the Catholic church still open?

March 7, 2019 7:27 pm  #5

unclefester wrote:

Maybe it's time to shut down everything and everyone, and I meaning EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE, with the slightest whiff of scandal. Then, someone, please turn the lights off on the way out!

March 8, 2019 1:19 am  #6

March 8, 2019 4:53 am  #7

It's only March, but I doubt this will all go away by October. 
I can't even imagine a Halloween without Michael Jackson's Thriller on the radio!!

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

March 8, 2019 6:51 pm  #8

Boom, along with stations owned by Rogers, Corus and Bell, have apparently made no decision yet on the Jackson issue. 

Deciding whether to drop King of Pop's music a 'delicate situation' for radio network

March 8, 2019 6:55 pm  #9

Actually, I dont mind the fact that his songs might be banned from the radio...why?  Because they are actually overplayed.   I dont know how many more times I can hear Billie Jean....however not hearing Thriller come Halloween will be a tough thing for radio.

March 8, 2019 7:26 pm  #10

Saul wrote:

unclefester wrote:

Maybe it's time to shut down everything and everyone, and I meaning EVERYTHING AND EVERYONE, with the slightest whiff of scandal. Then, someone, please turn the lights off on the way out!

"Slightest whiff of scandal?"  Scandal?  Child abuse isn't "scandal" Saul.  It's one of the worst crimes out there.  Punishable by death as far as I'm concerned.  And when they go to jail... ... ...

March 8, 2019 7:57 pm  #11

MJ is dead. He had what would look like a crazy, horrible childhood. He seemed seriously, horribly messed up. Not to forgive actual deeds and allegations (he's dead and can't defend himself anymore). But it seems asinine to purge the record of his music, pretend it didn't exist.