sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2019 12:55 pm  #1

Ridiculous New Horror Movie Takes Place In A Radio Station

At some point, a new horror film called "Feedback" will be released into theatres. Or maybe that should be let loose. Either way, I suspect it will not be in them for long. For some reason, it's being released in Spain this March and won't come to North America for a while. Which is why they've released the trailer only in Spanish. 

You don't need to speak that language to see how idiotic it looks. It appears to be about a radio announcer who's forced to stay on the air or his colleagues will be killed. Or something like that. It stars Eddie Marsan, who plays Terry in "Ray Donovan," if you've ever seen that Showtime cable show. 

I always find horror films laughable rather that scary. This trailer isn't in English, but it gives you a pretty good idea of what it's about. I doubt I'll be going to see it, despite the fact it takes place in a radio station. We'll see if it ever actually opens here or how long it will be in theatres. At least, that's my Feedback.

January 28, 2019 1:14 pm  #2

Re: Ridiculous New Horror Movie Takes Place In A Radio Station

These creatures want the DJ to stay in his job. Maybe the movie is a statement against the automation of radio.

January 28, 2019 1:44 pm  #3

Or maybe he just wouldn't play their request.

January 28, 2019 3:20 pm  #4

There was an episode of Rod Serling's Night Gallery back in the 70s called "The Flip Side of Satan" starring Artie Johnson as a DJ dealing with the devil.

January 28, 2019 3:30 pm  #5

there's the 2008 Canadian movie Pontypool that i kinda liked

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1226681/?ref_=nv_sr_1

January 28, 2019 6:47 pm  #6

Pontypool is good. When Human Centipede came out in theatres I suggested it to management as a team-building excursion. Sadly, they didn't go for it.