Offline
They don't want the Sens and Habs playing on the same nights. They don't have to worry about the Leafs.
Offline
cash wrote:
They don't want the Sens and Habs playing on the same nights. They don't have to worry about the Leafs.
Makes sense, however, I thought it was considered bad luck to reschedule a playoff game/series. They probably won’t have to worry about the Leafs for a couple of years!
Offline
With the amount of money Sportsnet is paying, I am sure they will get their way.
Offline
Zero chance of the Habs getting home ice advantage in the first round. Yes they may finish tied with TB in pts [106] but they lose on the first tiebreaker Regulation Wins [RW] 40-34. Buffalo wins the tiebreaker over TB on RW 42-41 if TB wins their final game. Meanwhile the Western conference, particularly the Pacific Division, is as clear as mud and won't be decided until after Midnight Thursday. Hard to believe, but Edmonton could finish 1st, 2nd 3rd or the #2WC depending on how they do in their final game along with LV, Anaheim and LA.
Offline
The Sens game 1 is today at 3pm and the Habs game 1 is tomorrow at 5:30pm. Neither in primetime on a weekend. Very strange. I hate how this league is run by Americans for an American audience who largely don't care about the sport.
Offline
I agree with Cash on this one. I never liked the idea of the NHL taking the Canadian viewers and advertisers for granted.
And I really don't understand why the American viewers would not want to watch hockey in Prime Time.
Offline
The NHL and NBA Playoffs happn at the same time each year. Going head to head the NHL will lose every time south of the border.