sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 14, 2026 9:41 am  #1


Radio Station Finds A Valuable Lost Treasure In An Old Prize Closet

You have to wonder how this happened. A Dallas country music station found something in an old prize closet that they didn't even know was there. And it's probably worth a fortune. 

While scouring through the unclaimed or unawarded prizes, they found a dusty old signed guitar. They didn't think much of it, until they examined it more closely. One of those signatures was from a young and then unknown Taylor Swift. After that, everything changed.

"I was about to re-use the guitar for an upcoming event because the signatures were faded, and the guitar was dusty," [Promotions Director Jessica MacKenzie-Williams] said in a statement. "But then after closer examination I recognized one of the signatures… Taylor's. I couldn't believe it!"

After verifying it was the real thing the question became - what to do with it? The station has decided to auction it off to the highest bidder, with proceeds going to a local children's hospital. 

I don't think any of the stations I worked at had an actual prize closet. But how is it this was never actually given away?

A guitar signed by Taylor Swift was found in a Dallas radio station's closet. It's being auctioned off for a good cause

 

April 14, 2026 10:39 am  #2


Re: Radio Station Finds A Valuable Lost Treasure In An Old Prize Closet

I thought Country would be huge in Big D. Apparently, 96.3 KSCS and its rival KPLX don't subscribe to Neilsen, at least for the first two months of 2026. What I did find surprising is Dallas has five Christian CHR stations ranked 3rd, 14th, 15th, 22nd and 30th.

 

April 17, 2026 6:25 pm  #3


Re: Radio Station Finds A Valuable Lost Treasure In An Old Prize Closet

Just to conclude this story, the auction of the long lost Taylor Swift guitar ended on Friday. The station raised $16,000 for a local children's hospital. 

     •Thread Starter