sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 10, 2026 2:09 pm  #1


10 Of Canada's Best (And Weirdest) TV Classics

Did you know that CBC has an extensive number of stories from bygone eras on its "Archives" web page? It shows everything from old news stories and old broadcasts to features on personalities of the past. Here's one I discovered that celebrates - if that's the right word - some of the strangest shows ever made on this side of the border. 

10 Of Canada's Best (And Weirdest) TV Classics

 

April 11, 2026 8:23 am  #2


Re: 10 Of Canada's Best (And Weirdest) TV Classics

RadioActive wrote:

Did you know that CBC has an extensive number of stories from bygone eras on its "Archives" web page? It shows everything from old news stories and old broadcasts to features on personalities of the past. Here's one I discovered that celebrates - if that's the right word - some of the strangest shows ever made on this side of the border. 

10 Of Canada's Best (And Weirdest) TV Classics

 
I see LEXX made it to this list, a weird little show to say the least! Hard to believe that Murdoch Mysteries has been on the air for nearly 20 years, I produced the launch promos for its premiere on Citytv in 2008, time sure flies!

 

April 11, 2026 8:37 am  #3


Re: 10 Of Canada's Best (And Weirdest) TV Classics

I watched the 60's version of the Littlest Hobo, Degrassi and SCTV. Had no use for Murdoch Mysteries and the Beachcobers. The balance of the series mentioned, never heard of them.

 

April 11, 2026 11:14 am  #4


Re: 10 Of Canada's Best (And Weirdest) TV Classics

Trailer Park Boys was pretty weird.  The whole concept was different, the way the series was shot, and the characters were all "out there" as Johnny Carson would say.  Hilarious House Of Frightenstein certainly would qualify.  Even though it was a local show, the program was syndicated in many other markets. 

 

April 12, 2026 6:26 am  #5


Re: 10 Of Canada's Best (And Weirdest) TV Classics

They forgot The Trouble with Tracy!

     •Thread Starter
 

April 12, 2026 6:41 am  #6


Re: 10 Of Canada's Best (And Weirdest) TV Classics

RadioActive wrote:

They forgot The Trouble with Tracy!

And by the way, worth noting rumours that this terrible Canadian (and extremely cheaply made) sitcom has long been erased forever aren't exactly true. 

There are at least two complete episodes available on YouTube. If you want to waste 23 minutes each watching them. 



     •Thread Starter
 

April 12, 2026 7:36 am  #7


Re: 10 Of Canada's Best (And Weirdest) TV Classics

I had the hots for Tracy when I was 9 years old. 


PJ


ClassicHitsOnline.com...If you enjoy hearing the same 200 songs over and over again...listen to the other guys!
 

April 12, 2026 8:40 am  #8


Re: 10 Of Canada's Best (And Weirdest) TV Classics

Paul Jeffries wrote:

I had the hots for Tracy when I was 9 years old. 


PJ

At least it wasn't for Franz Russell.
 

Last edited by Walter (April 12, 2026 8:40 am)