sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 25, 2024 8:39 am  #1

Martin Short Guest Hosts For Jimmy Kimmel This Week

A pleasant surprise to discover that Martin Short is guest hosting for Jimmy Kimmel this week.  City tv joined the show in progress after the Stanley Cup last night.   ABC ran the show very late, after the local newscasts at around 12:25am.  Steve Martin was the guest on Monday along with Imagine Dragons.  

Short is hosting tonight and again tomorrow.  He is away on Thursday and let everyone know Jiminy Glick will be guest hosting for the guest host on Thursday.  Last night they had a "warm up" interview with Glick and former SNL performer Bill Hader.  More Glick gold. 

Here is the opening monologue from last night..https://www.yout-ube.com/watch?v=xw2CWJlAPMk

Last edited by paterson1 (June 25, 2024 8:41 am)

June 25, 2024 10:31 am  #2

Re: Martin Short Guest Hosts For Jimmy Kimmel This Week

I'd much rather see Brock Linehan than Jiminy Glick.

June 26, 2024 7:20 am  #3

That monologue was supposed to be funny? I get more belly laughs watching Frasier [original] repeats for the 27th time.

June 26, 2024 7:23 am  #4

Martin was great. Looking for a fun week!

never worked ever, in radio

June 26, 2024 8:00 am  #5

Monday's show was really good.  Last night just ok.  I like the way Martin is told by Guillermo that Jimmy would always do some Donald Trump jokes in the monologue.  Short comments that he usually doesn't do political humour, but he is this week.  Jiminy Glick's interview with Bill Hader formerly of SNL was really funny on Monday. Glick hosts the show on Thursday. 

Martin Short when he settles himself down can actually do a decent interview.  But his arrogant, self important Hollywood alter ego is never too far away.  I love the way he constantly makes fun of Hollywood, anyone around him and of course himself.