sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 27, 2024 9:56 am  #1

Two Hour Tonight Show In Primetime Will Celebrate 10 Years Of Fallon

I'm not a huge fan of Jimmy Fallon as host of The Tonight Show (although I think he's tremendously talented, just not at interviews) but usually these clip/highlight shows are pretty good. (At least the ones Johnny Carson used to do were always a highlight - especially guest Ed Ames and his axe throwing.) 

The show is scheduled to air on May 14th at 9 PM, a Thursday, which means at least some of the Law & Orders will get the night off. 

NBC Plans Two-Hour ‘Tonight Show’ Special to Spotlight 10 Years of Jimmy Fallon

February 27, 2024 11:44 am  #2

Re: Two Hour Tonight Show In Primetime Will Celebrate 10 Years Of Fallon

Thanks for the advance warning... 

February 28, 2024 5:24 pm  #3

Did Leno get any prime time anniversary shows? I recall Letterman having a few for Late Night at NBC but none for him at CBS - or at ABC for Kimmel.

I'm not sure what the point is anyway in the age of YouTube when anyone can watch old clips whenever they want. (The same is true of "clip shows" generally.)

February 29, 2024 1:36 am  #4

Hansa wrote:

Did Leno get any prime time anniversary shows? I recall Letterman having a few for Late Night at NBC but none for him at CBS - or at ABC for Kimmel.

I'm not sure what the point is anyway in the age of YouTube when anyone can watch old clips whenever they want. (The same is true of "clip shows" generally.)

CBS definitely had them for Letterman. I remember being surprised when they mentioned his NBC shows.