sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 15, 2024 5:50 am  #1

Welcome to North America David Marsden CFNY 1979

This  exceptionally well recorded time capsule was contributed to the site by Ray Fox. This was a commentary that David Marsden did a few iterations  of around 1979. I have heard one clip of a different version  of this on the web but the quality of that one is poor.

Welcome to North America David Marsden CFNY 1979

Last edited by Fitz (February 15, 2024 5:55 am)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

February 15, 2024 1:03 pm  #2

Re: Welcome to North America David Marsden CFNY 1979

It is like a time capsule with Marsden bringing up recent events in his dialogue and the quality is great.     The guy who recorded it mentions listening to 'ny in '76-77 when they played Spirit of The Age by Hawkwind.   It reminded me of how I caught the 'ny bug in those years as well, except in my case they were playing Karlia Suite by The Nice (Keith Emerson) which like the other, is fairly obscure and not exactly standard fare on any local radio station except for them.      The best was still to come!

Last edited by SpinningWheel (February 15, 2024 1:17 pm)

February 15, 2024 1:41 pm  #3

SpinningWheel wrote:

It is like a time capsule with Marsden bringing up recent events in his dialogue and the quality is great.     The guy who recorded it mentions listening to 'ny in '76-77 when they played Spirit of The Age by Hawkwind.   It reminded me of how I caught the 'ny bug in those years as well, except in my case they were playing Karlia Suite by The Nice (Keith Emerson) which like the other, is fairly obscure and not exactly standard fare on any local radio station except for them.      The best was still to come!

Actually the person who recorded it was Ray Fiox but it was me that was listening to CHIC FM in 1976 77 on cable FM. Still have the Hawkwind album Quark Strangeness and Charm  from which the track is taken.

Last edited by Fitz (February 15, 2024 1:46 pm)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

February 16, 2024 2:17 am  #4

Thank you! Had not hear that one in a while. I do have one that both the music and the voice have been improved. But it's not the full set. Just the voice element. 

Thanks agaoin.  d