sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 18, 2024 9:57 pm  #1

Bell Rebrands "The Source" In Partnership With Best Buy

Not exactly a broadcasting story, but it involves one company that owns radio and TV stations and another that sells the devices you watch them on. Bell is revamping 165 "The Source" stores in a deal with Best Buy that will see them renamed "Best Buy Express." 

Problem is there are around 300 Source locations throughout the country, which means those that aren't getting a new name will be shuttered for good. 

Best Buy and Bell partner up to rebrand, revamp The Source stores across Canada

January 18, 2024 10:25 pm  #2

Re: Bell Rebrands "The Source" In Partnership With Best Buy

In St. Catharines at the Pen Centre "The Source" & "Best Buy Mobile(?)" are across the hall from one another...for now.

January 18, 2024 10:58 pm  #3

The Source is long gone from my neck of the woods... the last location standing was in the Pembroke Mall, and that store closed a couple of years ago. Possibly lost the battle to Staples, one of the mall's anchor stores.

In other Bell news, it's "Let's Talk" time again, and at tonight's Ottawa Senators home game (Bell is a major sponsor of the Sens), someone on Reddit spotted, and posted a photo of, the Let's Talk flag being passed around the crowd during O Canada. Seriously, the playing/singing of the national anthem(s) is not the time or place for this.

January 18, 2024 11:11 pm  #4

What happens to the Best Buy Mobile stores? To borrow Dufferin mall as an example, Best Buy Mobile and Source are a stone's throw away from each other in that mall. 
Why keep one open if the other can now meet the needs?
Unless that BB express (if it's part of the plan) will be exempt from selling smart phones. 
(There is also a Bell world in that same mall...)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

January 18, 2024 11:17 pm  #5

Forward Power wrote:

In other Bell news, it's "Let's Talk" time again, and at tonight's Ottawa Senators home game (Bell is a major sponsor of the Sens), someone on Reddit spotted, and posted a photo of, the Let's Talk flag being passed around the crowd during O Canada. Seriously, the playing/singing of the national anthem(s) is not the time or place for this.

I'm really sorry, but I just have to miss the point for a second and say that at least it was Linden Sewage doing the singing of the National Anthem. They did something right.

January 19, 2024 12:29 am  #6

Wow, I never thought Lyndon would be back!

January 19, 2024 10:30 am  #7

The Source is what became of Radio Shack's Canadian outlets.

January 19, 2024 1:02 pm  #8

Hansa wrote:

That didn't make The Source any better though.

January 19, 2024 1:17 pm  #9

Binson Echorec wrote:

Hansa wrote:

That didn't make The Source any better though.

Bell made them appear better as larger stores in select locations, but then they go and run it like a place to simply get people to switch to bell first, then everything else second... This is why I said they should have merged their Bell World stores with Source Stores into one.  Instead, looks like other ideas came to be...

January 19, 2024 2:21 pm  #10

Hansa wrote:

Radio Shack damaged their brand so badly in Canada, they had to get out. During a long, protracted labour dispute back in the 1980s at their distribution warehouse in Barrie, people were horrified by the scenes on the nightly news. Cops and Company security goons beating and kicking the strikers, mostly women and some of them pregnant.

Last edited by turkeytop (January 19, 2024 2:22 pm)

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it.