sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 5, 2023 2:28 pm  #1

Your Super Bowl Hosts: SpongeBob SquarePants & Patrick Star

You may remember last October, when the NFL did a "Toy Story" version of a regular season game, as a means to attract younger viewers. 

Well, now they're at it again, only this time the stakes couldn't be higher. Which explains why some U.S. viewers will be watching whoever wins the race for the ultimate NFL prize in a broadcast hosted by none other than that football expert, SpongeBob SquarePants, along with his friend, Patrick Star.

CBS Sports and the league are the networks behind this bizarre concept, which will air on Super Bowl Sunday, Feb. 11th, 2024, on the U.S. Nickelodeon cable channel. 

There's no immediate word if this will be available in Canada, but my guess is this could well become a regular thing in future years. 

SpongeBob To Host Alternate Version Of Super Bowl

December 5, 2023 2:59 pm  #2

Re: Your Super Bowl Hosts: SpongeBob SquarePants & Patrick Star

This is already been a regular thing, where Nickelodeon broadcasts and NFL game with their own scorebug and AR graphics.

This was from last year...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFnxfHQ5HGs

This was from 2 years ago...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGIbzxFLpqg

I think it's great, and it caters to the demographic watching the channel. 

December 25, 2023 5:30 pm  #3

CBS offered a preview of what this year's coverage for kids will look like, using the Raiders/Chiefs Christmas Day match-up, which also aired on Nickelodeon in the U.S.

Here's what happened after a trick play resulted in a touchdown

December 26, 2023 9:13 am  #4

RadioActive wrote:

CBS offered a preview of what this year's coverage for kids will look like, using the Raiders/Chiefs Christmas Day match-up, which also aired on Nickelodeon in the U.S.

Here's what happened after a trick play resulted in a touchdown

Not at all impressed. However, I am waaay out of the demographic Nickelodeon is trying to reach.