sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 8, 2023 10:31 pm  #2

Re: The Strike Is OVER...

I'll be very interested to hear how they dealt with the AI issue. That should prove to be something to watch. And it's about time. I'm not sure I could stand one more reality show!

The good news is the writers have been back for a while now and working on scripts so things should be up and running pretty quickly. New season by January? It's possible.  

November 8, 2023 11:30 pm  #3

RadioActive wrote:

New season by January? It's possible.  

That's what I was predicting. 
It won't even be a half season though, because March Madness & March break will cut in just the same as it always does, along with anything else that might interfere with a half season plan. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

November 9, 2023 7:40 pm  #4

I suspect most scripted series will have a maximum of 13 episodes for this season.

November 10, 2023 7:45 am  #5

Radiowiz wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

New season by January? It's possible.  

That's what I was predicting. 
It won't even be a half season though, because March Madness & March break will cut in just the same as it always does, along with anything else that might interfere with a half season plan. 

Variety indicates it's more likely to be February or even March, even though a few shows are fast-tracking production and could be back sooner. The reason? Everything shuts down around the Christmas season, so starting again, only to stop for a few weeks, doesn't make a lot of sense. 

They say 10-13 episodes will be the norm for most of the returning series. 

The Strike Is Over, but It May Take Longer Than Expected for Your Favorite Shows to Return

December 6, 2023 12:56 am  #6

I thought the strike was over last month. This makes it official. 

Actors vote to approve deal that ended strike, bringing relief to union leaders and Hollywood